Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Christmas songs book similar to "showtime piano" Christmas  (Read 1382 times)

Offline shine11

• PS Silver Member
Hi

I'm looking for a good Christmas songs book. Not so much carols but more like the Christmas "pop" type songs that have been going around for years. The standard of about grade 1 would be good. I was about to order the "showtime" piano Christmas book from Faber&Faber which is perfect but I'd like a few more songs than carols really.
I'm trying to find sites where I can view a page or two first but there aren't many out there.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline dogperson

Re: Christmas songs book similar to "showtime piano" Christmas
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:52:35 PM
Try sheet music plus and look at the anthology ‘best Christmas Music Easy Piano’ published by Hal Leonard
You can look inside

Offline shine11

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:01 PM
That looks good. At least I can view pages on that site.
Thanks so much

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 05:07:42 AM
Well, it's actually considered improper to play Christmas hymns or carols before the vigil of Christmas day, i.e., after sundown of the night before xmas. 

We're still in the season of Advent, so...never mind.

But, yes, all those kinds of sh***** tunes are in 1000 Standard Tunes (for professional use only) (No kidding, that's what the book says on the cover), in lead-sheet form, in the back of the book along with the other ethnic tunes organized by genre, season, or nationality. 

I'm pretty sure lead sheets are in the Chuck Sher fakebooks and others as well — this is just the one I have for lounge lizard music like xmas cr** and stuff.

You can write all of the xmas tin-pan alley **** down on one three-inch by five-inch index card and not miss a single one, provided you can write the changes in a compact form and know how to transpose.

My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert