Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Fantasie Impromtu b section  (Read 2676 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Fantasie Impromtu b section
on: September 30, 2018, 01:41:44 AM
2:30ish
it is strange,  yes this entire video is strange, but beyond the odd seating position,  crazy body English. costume etc
that actual notes played, is this from an edition I'm not familiar with or is it just Lola being Lola. and throwing in some, of her secret sauce to mix it up.  dont recall ever.hearing those notes...wouldn't  e the first time  stuff like this makes record. pull  some of the Gould records of Mozart sonatas.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I do love her tone and sound overall something about the piano or mic set up but the audio is superb some.of the best quality I've come across whoever did post edits. man job well done cause it sounds killer

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Fantasie Impromtu b section
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:48:40 AM
Yes, Visitor your aural memory is correct circa 2:30 and also circa 2:17.
But Lola redeems herself from her improvisatory flourishes (which I believe
Chopin allowed himself the liberties) through her post-Colonial attire and deportment.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:04:20 AM
Yes, Visitor your aural memory is correct circa 2:30 and also circa 2:17.
But Lola redeems herself from her improvisatory flourishes (which I believe
Chopin allowed himself the liberties) through her post-Colonial attire and deportment.
lol tha is goldentone my friend!!
*waits to see if thos look makes it to the piano stage haha

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
Yeah she's just improvising, which I'm completely fine with. if Chopin and Liszt did same thing to their works, why can't we? More players should follow her example.

seriously though, she is hot as f. THOSE LEGS.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 03:08:05 PM
At 1:00, that pinky high in the air is suggestive of tension in her hand and poor technique.
Nevertheless, I'm actually quite a fan of the improvisation at 2:15, and not quite so much at 2:30 but I still like the idea of it.
Also I do like how we can hear the percussive impact of each hammer hitting the string in this audio setup.
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert