Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: How to sets new tuning pin in Germany now  (Read 1704 times)

Offline themaximillyan

• PS Silver Member
How to sets new tuning pin in Germany now
on: March 06, 2019, 03:19:13 AM
https://www.forumklassika.ru/showthread.php?t=118676

За пять лет работы в Германии перебил колки примерно 70-75 раз, на пианино и на роялях. Этот помимо других ремонтных и регулировочных работ.
В среднем - один-два инструмента в месяц. Уже сложились определенные навыки и точная очередность всех операций.
Начну в того, что в Германии на пианино, плохо держащее строй, колки разрешается немного подбить вглубь молотком ТОЛЬКО ОДИН раз. Если это не помогает, то происходит замена на более толстые, либо ремонт ВВ по мере необходимости. Недопустимо забивать колки максимально глубоко вместе со струнными кольцами.

Всякие "примочки", типа закладывания шпона, изготовление трубочек, наждачной бумаги, гофрокартона и прочей ерунды - категорически не приветствуется.
( И разумеется, здесь отсутствует подобный идиотизм, предложенный в одном из роликов "максимкой -тюнером", входящим на Форум каждый раз под новым ником и сразу же удаляемым, - выкручивать забитые до упора колки и возвращать их в исходное "посадочное место" с запихиванием внутрь гофрокартона для лучшего держания строя . Считаю это форменным вредительством! )

Пианино кладу лежа на стойки, хотя знаю, что многие предпочитают работать стоя.
Выбор ремонтных колков обычно толще предыдущих на 0, 25-0.30 мм. Если колки толще, то гнезда ВВ немного расширяют сверлом. Слишком толстые колки с большим переходом от старых, например, на 0,50 не используют, это опасно для ВВ.
Итак на этих двух видео показываю пианино Niendorf, на котором были старые колки 6, 75 мм, после чего я их выкрутил дрелью, гнезда немного обработал сверлом (6, 82), то есть, чуть расширил и заодно прочистил от старой грязи .
(кстати говоря, такие сверла очень трудно достать. продаются в основном с переходом на 0,5 мм, например 6,50 мм- 7,00, 7, 50 и тд. А серединки, как правило, нет. Приходится покупать в специализированных магазинах).
Новые ремонтные колки были 7,10 мм.
Это оптимальный вариант, учитывая, что берется в расчет биение сверла при выкручивании колков и сверлении ВВ.
Рама с пробками, панцирная.
При замене колков перчатки не использую, а время от времени окунаю левую руку в тарелку с мелом, чтобы ее обезжирить, мне так удобнее. Тем более уже давно приспособился работать так, стараясь не касаться голыми руками резьбы колка .

ОБЯЗАТЕЛЬНО перед сменой колков протягиваю все шурупы и винты чугунной рамы. Это полезная профилактика для лучшей стабильности строя.

Считаю, что забивать колок нужно до того уровня, чтобы ВСЯ резьба ушла в ВВ. Это показываю на видео. Чем меньше ударов молотком, тем лучше. Окончательное расстояние колка от рамы или ВВ до начала струны не меньше 0.5 мм. Это вполне нормально и достаточно, учитывая, что в будущем , возможно через много лет, вдруг понадобиться ОДИН раз немного подбить. Я очень не люблю, когда остается слишком большое расстояние и колок уходит в ВВ только до половины.
Кстати, если посмотреть на новые фирменные рояли или пианино, то там примерно такое же расстояние.
Очень тщательно после смены колков занимаюсь обработкой струн - сжатие колец и подбивка "хвостиков". Это так же влияет на стабильность строя.
После этого делаю настройку октавами по всему диапазону инструмента, равномерно распределяя нагрузку .
Знаю, что многие делают профессионально цвикковку без механики особым способом и в определенной последовательности. Но я этого делать не умею.
Стараюсь вытягивать струны сразу на нужную высоту даже с завышением. Бояться обрыва струн не следует. Только не забывать басовые струны перекручивать по ходу навивки на 2-3 оборота.

В принципе, не сказал ничего нового, но, возможно, товарищи коллеги, у вас есть иные способы замены колков?

Bargo is Russian technician, which working in Germany. He written: "In five years of work in Germany, I re-seted pins about 70-75 times, on an upright piano and on grand pianos. This besides other repair and adjustment works.
On average - one or two pianos per month. I have Already developed certain skills and the exact sequence of all that operations.
I’ll start with the fact that in Germany, on the piano, which has a poor hold of a pitch, it is allowed to hammering a pin into the depth ONLY ONE time using a hammer. If this does not help, then there is a replacement it's more thicker pin  , or repair of a pinblock as needed. It is unacceptable to hammer pin as deep as possible all string's coils nearly driving to iron plate.
All sorts of "gadgets", such as laying the veneer, making any tubes, emery paper, corrugated cardboard and other nonsense - absolutely not welcome there.
(And, of course, there is no such idiocy here, proposed by Max's cardboard shim in one of the videos where unscrew pin from  a pinblock and returning it's with setting inside a pinblock hole the corrugated cardboard for a better keeping a pitch. I consider this a complete sabotage! )
I lay the piano on the racks, although I know that many technicians prefer to work while standing.
The choice of repair pin is usually thicker than the previous ones by 0, 25-0.30 mm. If the pins are thicker, then a hole of a pinblock are slightly expanded with a drill. Too thick pin with a large transition from original old ones, for example, to 0.50 are not used, it is dangerous for a pinblock.
So on these two videos I show the Niendorf piano, on it's there were 6, 75 mm original old pin. I removed it's using a drill. After which I drilled a hole. I used a drills (6, 82), that is, I slightly widened a hole and at the same time cleaned it of the old dirt (wood fibre).
(Incidentally, these drills are very difficult to buy. They are sold mainly with a transition of 0.5 mm, for example, 6.50 mm-7.00, 7, 50, etc., and the middle drill is usually not. You have to buy in specialized stores ).
New repair pin were 7.10 mm.
This is the best option, given that  into account the beating ( wisting off ) when we are unscrew pin and  after when we drilling new hole there.
A plate have a bush there.
I do not use gloves when replacing pin, and from time to time I dip my left hand in a plate with chalk in order to degrease it, it's more convenient for me. Moreover, I has long since adapted itself to work in such a way, trying not to touch the thread of a pin with bare hands.
MANDATORY before changing pegs, I stretch in all the screws of the cast-iron plate. This is a useful operation for better stability of a pitch in a future.
I think that it is necessary to hammer in the peg to such a level that ALL the thread will go into a pinblock. This is shown on the video there. The fewer hammer blows, the better. The final distance a pin  from a plate to the beginning of the string coils is not less than 0.5 mm. This is quite normal and sufficient, considering that in the future, perhaps many years later, it will suddenly take ONE time to tamp down it's to hammering. I really do not like when there is too much distance there and the pin drived in only half of a pinblock.
By the way, if you look at the new branded grand piano or piano, then there is about the same distance as me.
Very carefully, after a setting new pin, I do the processing of the strings - it's compression of  a coils and tamping in of the “ string tails enter” to hammering off it's to hole of pin as far. It also affects the stability of a pitch, I'm think.
After that, I make tuning use octaves over the entire range of a piano, evenly distributing pressuring from string.
I know that many do professionally first tuning without  an action in a special way and in a certain sequence. But I do not know how to do this.
I try to pull the strings at once to the desired sound tone, high sounding firstly more even can there  . You should not be afraid of breaking the strings. Just do not forget to twist the bass strings in the course of winding 2-3 turns.

In principle, I did not say anything new, but, perhaps, comrades, colleagues, do you have any other ways of re-placing pin?

Offline themaximillyan

• PS Silver Member
Re: How to sets new tuning pin in Germany now
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:24:45 AM

Offline themaximillyan

• PS Silver Member
Re: How to sets new tuning pin in Germany now
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:25:29 AM

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert