Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: China's new tariffs are targeting pianos  (Read 1647 times)

Offline dcsteinwaygrand

• PS Silver Member
China's new tariffs are targeting pianos
on: May 15, 2019, 01:03:17 AM
Those of us in both the classical music and piano world have seen how closely the bond is between US and China in terms of partnership. China seems to be factoring that into their new tariffs which target pianos.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Re: China's new tariffs are targeting pianos
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:59:11 PM
I'm sorry IF our president (Mr. Trump) contributed to this situation.  Often his intentions are good, but sometimes he does not think things through completely in a rigorous, disciplined way.  I hope everything works out.  Or as Mr Trump will say: "We will see what happens."

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: China's new tariffs are targeting pianos
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:48:19 PM
Trumps China policy probably the only good thing hes done so far! Steinway will still do well, it is mostly Chinese who buy it now anyway, better pianos out there now anyway I feel.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert