Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Online piano lessons / telematic piano lessons - The result of Covid-19  (Read 1090 times)

Offline wkmt

I´m sure that the same as ourselves, most of you have been forced to change their face to face tuitions to online.

Well, I have heard lots of different things from my friends and fellow teachers:
"This is impossible"
"The sound of the piano is not good on the side of the student"
"I can not focus properly on the phrasing"
and so on..

My approach to this is, we do not have another choice, therefore, instead of complaining, we need to put hands to work.

Gisela and me have put together a complete guide on how to deliver online piano lessons.

Enjoy it
https://www.i-am-a-spammer.com/post/online-lessons-teaching-guide-for-wkmt-teachers

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Same as on the other site.

PC's should not be ruled out (as you state they should be).  A webcam can be used.  I had on-line lessons for years having only a PC.

There is no reason for Skype to be "preferable".  How much did you test the other options on your list before suggesting this.  The quality of Skype has gone down considerably in the last few years.  Most are using Zoom. 

Offline wkmt

Hi Keypeg,

I'm total with you ZOOM is the best choice. The only reason I prefer Skype under the current circumstances is that most people already have installed in their computers and therefore can just jump to use it without to much prep.

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Got it.  But if you can't do much once you're together, that's not very effective for teaching.  We used Skype for a few years and it suddenly went bad and then got worse.  I think they got bought out by someone?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert