Piano Forum

The Relaunch of Pleyel in France Produced Far Away
Last year, the completely new Pleyel instruments from the Algam company, which bought the brand in 2007, was presented to distributors. For the first time since Pleyel was founded in 1807, its pianos are made outside Europe. Read more >>

Topic: Prelude op. 23 no. 5  (Read 549 times)

Offline l3g0br1ck

• PS Silver Member
Prelude op. 23 no. 5
on: March 24, 2020, 10:52:55 AM
Hello everyone,
I've been learning Rach's prelude op. 23 no. 5 for about 2 months now (I don't have a lot of time to practice), and I can very well play everything very well. But I still have one main problem: I can't play the three repeated chords together very quickly and clearly, it's ether slow or very unclear and often results in two ugly chords  :-\  I'ts quite a problem when it's the characteristic feature of this piece  :D
I would like just to know if there is a particular technique to learn, a movement I should do to make these chords or just practice, again and again ?
(I really don't think it is a question of level, I've been playing for 11 years, and played recently Brahms' rhapsodies, Schubert's Impromptu no 2, an etude of Chopin and Rach's prelude in C minor too, I think this is of my level and I don't struggle with the bigs jumps and things)
I hope you can help me !
Thanks