Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: What is Japanese natto?  (Read 921 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
What is Japanese natto?
on: May 12, 2020, 10:51:46 PM
Google for me....
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Re: What is Japanese natto?
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 02:02:43 AM
Natto is fermented soy beans. It is extremely slimy and sticky. Most people hate it, I think mainly because of the texture. I don't mind it though. If you mix it with rice and/or some miso soup, it's no so bad. It's incredibly nutritious though.

Offline stream

• PS Silver Member
Re: What is Japanese natto?
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 05:35:25 PM
Natto is fermented soy beans. It is extremely slimy and sticky. Most people hate it, I think mainly because of the texture. I don't mind it though. If you mix it with rice and/or some miso soup, it's no so bad. It's incredibly nutritious though.

It's apparently an acquired taste (or so I've been told), the people who have been fed it from childhood seem to have some sort of resistance to its phlem-like consistency.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert