Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: A. Dvořák - Silhouettes op.8  (Read 698 times)

Offline blazekenny

• PS Silver Member
A. Dvořák - Silhouettes op.8
on: May 15, 2020, 01:20:33 AM
Since there are many more marvelous pieces in the Czech repertoire, I am back sooner than I thought with another youtube video, the Dvořák´s Silhouettes - a cycle of 12 works for solo piano. Many are familiar with the New World Symphony, the cello concerto, or perhaps some of the humoresques. This might be a pleasant surprise - Dvořák seems to have been very consistent in quality in each of his work.

Offline pianoannieq

• PS Silver Member
Re: A. Dvořák - Silhouettes op.8
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:20:19 PM
Hi Blazekenny,

Wow thank you for posting this! It's so sad that this set is overshadowed by his more well known works. Please keep posting more videos, it's great to find new pieces!
I hate music (and sarcasm) :)

Beethoven Sonata 18
Liszt Rhapsodie Espagnole
Prokofiev Sonata 4 op.29
Scriabin Piano Concerto

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert