Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Ethereal  (Read 506 times)

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Ethereal
on: June 21, 2020, 09:58:19 AM
This piece sounds very "fluttery". I played it after watching a movie. It's unique in terms of my improvisational output -- I've never played anything quite like it before. It's interesting what you come up with sometimes when inspiration strikes.

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ethereal
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:30:46 AM
I personally found the part from 4:00 onward to be rather interesting. I think one of the points of interest is the lack of a clear melody. It's meandering and doesn't draw attention to itself, resulting in the piece sounding rather atmospheric.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert