Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 16 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by sixteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: how much important being talented ?  (Read 1599 times)

Offline penelope

• PS Silver Member
how much important being talented ?
on: February 02, 2005, 01:10:30 PM
 Hi,
 My first question is what is being talented?  In spite of having avarage talent, does working too hard brings success? Or, you'll never be a bright pianist if you are not talented?
 Sincerely,

Offline Dikai

• PS Silver Member
Re: how much important being talented ?
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 06:26:42 PM
try to think how would you define someone who's talented in math,
for music, it's pretty similiar i guess...
---
if a person is talented and also works very hard, he will succeed beyond his dreams...
a person who is not quite so talented and who works very hard as well, he/she may acquire the perfection correct notes, but the musical part still needs to be developed.  naturally, no matter how hard the notes are, the more you practice, the better you become, but musicality cannot be forced.  i suppose you can say that someone who's musically talented knows how to breathe life into music.  someone who is not so talented, may have to "synthesize" it...  but after a period of time, he/she will be enlightened and become talented, through hard work, yes.  so it can be done...

Offline Brian Healey

• PS Silver Member

Offline ChampY

• PS Silver Member
Re: how much important being talented ?
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 03:28:06 AM
I have a different perspective on this. I think musicality comes with maturity. That's means...if one talented young pianist log himself in the practise room for 10 hours a day, it's impossible for him to actaully play musically cuz he doesn't learn any thing about life.

Correct me if I am wrong.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert