Piano Forum

A Massive Glimpse Into Ligeti’s Pianistic Universe
Performing Ligeti’s complete Etudes is a challenge for any pianist. Young pianist Han Chen has received both attention and glowing reviews for his recording of the entire set for Naxos. We had the opportunity to speak with the pianist after his impressive recital at the Piano Experience in Cremona last fall. Read more >>

Topic: Ian Parker?  (Read 9747 times)

Offline aki

• PS Silver Member
Ian Parker?
on: February 03, 2005, 07:11:56 AM
What do you think of him?   I just heard his concert on the radio, and I think he has lots of potential.  He's an exciting player to listen to.

Offline Dikai

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ian Parker?
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 07:20:34 AM
hmm... my favorite parker is jamie parker... the uncle parker...
he's more of a studio musician... i love it... everything is as exact as it should be...
jackie parker tends to exaggerate too much... well, that's what a concert pianist do...
ian parker... hmm... impressive... several competitions starting in vancouver, it was argued that he won because he's parker's (the father parker) son... but no.. he's that good!!
the vancouver's proud family of parkers

Offline Dikai

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 07:26:00 AM
btw, if you hear jackie parker play any chamber music, compared to jamie, you'll know what i'm talking about...
----
i think ian is the younger version of the best-parker-traits combined
lots of potential indeed....
has he graduated from julliard yet??
my ex-teacher Dr. Sicsic spent some time teaching him when he was very young....
edward parker (father) has lots of brilliant piano students in vancouver... very impressive

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:47:31 PM
Ian Parker adjudicated my performance at a music festival.  As an adjudicatior, he's too general- like, he says stuff any laymen audience member can tell me.  Anyway, I heard he is an amazing pianist..

Offline aki

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 06:59:33 AM
His dad's piano studio is actually a few blocks from where I live.  Anyways, I heard that he gives lessons to some of his dad's students when he comes to vancouver, and the students say he's really good.

Offline Alde

Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 04:48:57 PM
Ian is a good pianist, but needs time to grow and mature.  In my opinion he should of changed his last name.  I am sure Jamie always gets compared to Jackie.  Even worse for Ian to always get compared to the older two.
I guess the trade off is that he probably gets gigs because of the last name.  Or perhaps he gets leftover gigs from Jackie and Jamie.
None the less, what a talented family!  Last year the three of them performed Mozart 3 piano concerto.  It very rare to have 3 family members achieve world class status.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert