Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Help me to validate my piano startup idea!  (Read 752 times)

Offline ci4anish

• PS Silver Member
Help me to validate my piano startup idea!
on: March 19, 2021, 11:28:17 AM
Dear community!

If anyone ever searched for the notes sheets on the marketplaces, I have an idea how to improve the experience by dynamically changing the difficulty of some parts for the written sheet Here's the link to a screenshot of the quick prototype https://ibb.co/F8G7RQt

I'm imagining my program will be able to configure at least 3 parts: melody line, bassline, and rhythm. This way you can simplify notes if you are a beginner or make them sound more sophisticated.
I would like to hear your thoughts! How useful this feature can be for you? And have you ever had troubles with finding sheets suitable for your playing level?

Offline bethany

• PS Silver Member
Re: Help me to validate my piano startup idea!
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 12:04:45 PM
Oh my goodness this is a fantastic idea! I am in a constant struggle not to breach copyright by making my own arrangements for my students (and it takes time). So hard finding things! Have you considered how would you go about licensing?

Offline ci4anish

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 09:42:56 AM
Glad you like it!

Initial idea is to collaborate with the sites like musescore.com, musicnotes.com, etc.

Offline dogperson

Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:49:25 PM
Glad you like it!

Initial idea is to collaborate with the sites like musescore.com, musicnotes.com, etc.

I hope you will begin  researching the collaboration with other site portals. When the work is not in the public domain, a fee must be paid to the copyright holder for use/distribution.  That is why music notes charges $5.99 for single use of a pop arrangement.

I hope you can make it work for you
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert