\"\"
Piano Forum logo

Schumann - comments on learning and playing the Davidsbündlertänze (Read 376 times)

Offline pcaraganis

• PS Silver Member
I love these pieces, and although the majority of it is far above my current level, learning the entire work is a long-term goal of mine.  Henle rates the entire work at level 7, but doesn't break down the separate pieces by difficulty.

[edit] I'm interested in hearing people's general thoughts on learning and playing this piece. Has anyone here studied it? Thanks!

Piano Street's Digital Sheet Music Library

Schumann: Davidsbündlertänze, opus 6
piano sheet music of Davidsbündlertänze

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
How do you think knowing people's rankings would help you? My thinking is that you could try playing each of them and see which ones seem manageable for you at this time, and then learn those and leave the rest for later.

Offline pcaraganis

• PS Silver Member
It's less about "helping" I suppose and more a desire to start a conversation about the piece in general and people's experiences in learning and playing it.

Offline lelle

• PS Silver Member
I haven't played this piece but I find the following recording very enjoyable, have you heard it?

Offline pcaraganis

• PS Silver Member
I hadn't heard this one - thank you for sharing! I like his interpretation, unfussy with a lot of feeling.