Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Second Movement from Mozart's Piano Sonata in F major (K280)  (Read 1047 times)

Offline soundofmusic

• PS Silver Member
Thank you for taking the time to listen. I would appreciate your feedback.

Here is a link to the sheet music: https://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_No.2_in_F_major,_K.280/189e_(Mozart,_Wolfgang_Amadeus)

Offline ivorycherry

• PS Silver Member
Re: Second Movement from Mozart's Piano Sonata in F major (K280)
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 05:03:35 PM
Hello,
I am not able to listen to the recordings. I open the files but they don’t show anything.

Offline dw4rn

• PS Gold Member
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 12:18:03 PM
Thanks for sharing. In its best moments, I find this a really touching version.

Still, you need to find a better flow and a more singing tone. I think you should at least experiment with a faster tempo, it's marked 6/8 so it's reasonable to feel two beats in each measure, which is almost impossible at your speed.

I would start by practicing the sixteenth-note accompaniment, left hand only. I know it's meant to be very quiet, but practice in a kind of healthy mezzo-forte, very legato and evenly. Start slightly slower than the tempo you are playing now. When you're comfortable, add some speed, then reduce the sound, and finally add the right hand.

Would love to hear it again when you've worked more on it!

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 01:24:33 PM
You have achieved a calm and meditative atmosphere in your interpretation.

Even though this is a quiet movement, it is still important to have a supported tone at the piano.  Quiet does not mean inaudible.  First work on sounding all the notes with a full, supported, even and deliberate tone, especially the LH.  Once you are able to do that, then you can work on achieving quieter tones. 

Work on producing a singing and projected RH melody. 

Rhythmic pulse needs to be maintained, specially the longer notes, and at cadences. Your pulse was most consistent in passages with the sixteenths.  For those parts with longer note duration, think of the underlying sixteenth note subdivisions as anchoring your pulse. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline soundofmusic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 11:55:10 AM
Thank you so much for your suggestions and your time. Looking forward to trying them.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert