Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart  (Read 462 times)

Offline foryoda

• PS Silver Member
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
on: September 19, 2021, 10:00:52 PM
Continuing on the 80's new wave theme, here is my latest piano cover - Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart. 

This is the first time I have used an external microphone (previously it was only my iPhone mic) so hopefully the sound quality has improved. 

I hope you enjoy it!    :)

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 08:06:00 PM
Hey! Neat cover, I really enjoyed it!

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:42:35 PM
Well done!  Like how you are passing the theme between the hands.

The new microphone is sounding good.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline foryoda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 05:23:45 PM
Hey! Neat cover, I really enjoyed it!

Thank you!  I'm really happy you liked it!  :)

Offline foryoda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 05:25:06 PM
Well done!  Like how you are passing the theme between the hands.

The new microphone is sounding good.

Hooray!  So it *does* make a difference!  Honestly, I can't really tell as I am usually listening from an iphone or my horrible computer speakers.  So didn't know if there really was a quality difference.  It's nice to know that it was worth the money and bit of extra set-up.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 06:50:32 PM
Hooray!  So it *does* make a difference!  Honestly, I can't really tell as I am usually listening from an iphone or my horrible computer speakers.  So didn't know if there really was a quality difference.  It's nice to know that it was worth the money and bit of extra set-up.

You are a good pianist with a nice instrument.   That little bit of extra effort to make a good recording is worth it.  Treat yourself to some nice headphones so you can hear the difference it makes.  Decent recording / listening gear is just a fraction of the cost compared to the investment made into learning to play the instrument not to mention the instrument itself. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert