Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Forum Complaint.  (Read 4279 times)

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Forum Complaint.
on: October 05, 2021, 03:25:07 PM
I'd like to make a request that the thread , 'Last post Wins'. be finally closed  as it lowers the tone of the forum,  it contains the  most outrageous, and depraved posts, including  foul language.   Any  student  or potentially  new members  reading the contents of the  posts will surely be put off  registering  into what looks like a lunatic asylum!

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: Forum Complaint.
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 11:58:13 AM
Yes give the forum to compline who can insult pianists and tell us all how common and worthless they all are lol.  I request this thread be deleted as it is inappropriate and should be done in private messages, this is just attention seeking. You may notice compline happily has posted in "last post wins" plenty of times, it looks like compline enjoyed posting there but now with knickers in twist compline is out for revenge lol. Why so obvious?
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 12:29:08 AM
I have to agree with lostinidlewonder... compline has fully taken part in the thread many times and never had a problem doing so.

Seems rather hypocritical of him.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 10:40:33 PM
Interesting strategy.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 12:23:09 AM
Here's a tissue. I suggest you stay off the internet for a while and get some fresh air.
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 02:36:19 AM
It doesn't take much to work that out now does it?

No, but it requires a fair bit of acumen at the spelling arts.  One might even call it orthography.

Case dismissed.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 03:21:45 AM
Personally, I'm happy for the thread to continue but I wish there was a way to unsubscribe from it so it doesn't constantly show up in "Show new replies to your posts."

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 02:10:22 PM
I win this one.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 10:26:00 PM
I win this one.

No one cares about this one...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 11:54:03 PM
That's true.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline leigh anne

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 04:42:29 AM
I'd like to make a request that the thread , 'Last post Wins'. be finally closed  as it lowers the tone of the forum,  it contains the  most outrageous, and depraved posts, including  foul language.   Any  student  or potentially  new members  reading the contents of the  posts will surely be put off  registering  into what looks like a lunatic asylum!

Actually I kinda agree with lostinidlewonder. Even though I have vowed to myself-- and to everyone I will never ever participate in there again I did have some fun at first. Although I have to agree, it does lower the tone of the forum and there are many foul words in there and it DID seem like a lunatic asylum (that is actually the reason why I quit the game) it is ok because there is still a little bit of fun. And I don't think it should be closed yet because I think we should give the other new members to have to fun we had. Let's give them a chance.

compline, you seem like a nice person, trying to help other people and this website but personally I think it would be unfair for lostinidlewonder to have his/her(/it) post to be deleted.
Best regards.

- Leigh

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul"

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 10:50:00 AM
It doesn't care as the thread doesn't belong to itself. It wonders why you are necroposting dead thread though lol.
www.pianovision.com

Offline leigh anne

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 11:10:49 AM
It doesn't care as the thread doesn't belong to itself. It wonders why you are necroposting dead thread though lol.

You just did the same as I did if 'Necroposting' really does exist.
By the way what happened to the 'No sarcasm zone'??

Yes give the forum to compline who can insult pianists and tell us all how common and worthless they all are lol.  I request this thread be deleted as it is inappropriate and should be done in private messages, this is just attention seeking. You may notice compline happily has posted in "last post wins" plenty of times, it looks like compline enjoyed posting there but now with knickers in twist compline is out for revenge lol. Why so obvious?
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul"

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 11:21:32 AM
It responded to your post which was only a few hours old. Zoning is like an accidental, it only exists within a certain bar.
www.pianovision.com

Offline leigh anne

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 11:23:56 AM
It responded to your post which was only a few hours old. Zoning is like an accidental, it only exists within a certain bar.

But if it only responded to my post, why are you even here? Why would you visit a dead thread?

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: July 16, 2022, 11:26:40 AM
Because you are making a lot of noise?
www.pianovision.com

Offline leigh anne

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: July 16, 2022, 12:03:43 PM
Because you are making a lot of noise?

Oh, you could hear me? I thought you were deaf.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: July 16, 2022, 12:23:47 PM
Errr ok what has hearing got to do with it? I was talking figuratively you want to take it literally which is just illogical.
www.pianovision.com

Offline leigh anne

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: July 17, 2022, 04:42:18 AM
You know it cracks me up how people like you point out illogical but can't get a joke.  🤣

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: July 17, 2022, 04:43:46 AM
Well you are laughing on your own, you must be used to that lol. Such a lonely world living in the world of the illogical :) At least other posters can see the type of person you are now.
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 07:57:04 AM
As with the other recent complaint, axing that thread would constitute censorship of a kind that could spread if allowed to do so - and few here would welcome that. Surely the best solution is not to read it if one doesn't wish to? - there is, after all, no forum rule that determines that members must visit it!
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 11:49:41 PM
As with the other recent complaint, axing that thread would constitute censorship of a kind that could spread if allowed to do so - and few here would welcome that. Surely the best solution is not to read it if one doesn't wish to? - there is, after all, no forum rule that determines that members must visit it!

Agreed but it would be nice to be able to unsubscribe from threads so they don’t constantly turn up in “Show new replies to your posts”

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 07:32:26 AM
Agreed but it would be nice to be able to unsubscribe from threads so they don’t constantly turn up in “Show new replies to your posts”
Yes, there is that, of course (although not posting in threads for which one does not wish to receive such reminders is another way around this!)...
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: August 05, 2022, 10:18:27 AM
Yes, there is that, of course (although not posting in threads for which one does not wish to receive such reminders is another way around this!)...

No it isn't. Just because one doesn't post in a particular thread doesn't mean they're not going to see a reminder every time someone else does.

Klavieronin had it correct. It would be REALLY great unsubscribe from threads about sorabji we aren't interested in.

Offline bwl_13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: August 05, 2022, 06:58:14 PM
No it isn't. Just because one doesn't post in a particular thread doesn't mean they're not going to see a reminder every time someone else does.

Klavieronin had it correct. It would be REALLY great unsubscribe from threads about sorabji we aren't interested in.
Haha. +1 to that
Second Year Undergrad:
Bach BWV 914
Beethoven Op. 58
Reger Op. 24 No. 5
Rachmaninoff Op. 39 No. 3 & No. 5

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: August 05, 2022, 10:35:33 PM

It’s not possible to predict the direction a thread will take though. I might comment in a thread that seems interesting only to loose interest later on.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: August 06, 2022, 07:29:20 AM
It’s not possible to predict the direction a thread will take though. I might comment in a thread that seems interesting only to loose interest later on.
Fair comment; some threads get taken way off topic by those determined to do so...
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: August 07, 2022, 12:55:28 AM
Fair comment; some threads get taken way off topic by those determined to do so...

True... and some seem determined to necro threads that haven't been replied to in years, in the faint desperation of trying to keep them alive.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: August 07, 2022, 02:45:23 AM
True... and some seem determined to necro threads that haven't been replied to in years, in the faint desperation of trying to keep them alive.
Some people also necro with off topic content which have nothing to do with the thread itself!
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: August 07, 2022, 08:52:50 AM
Some people also necro with off topic content which have nothing to do with the thread itself!
You'd know about that!
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: August 07, 2022, 09:16:30 AM
You'd know about that!
I have NEVER necro posted on pianostreet ever, so it can't be me initating necroposts or even worse offtopic necroposts thus it is an illogical conclusion if that is the implication. However I do know it since I have recently posted on a thread where someone else did so, you would certainly have personal knoweldge about that and actually know about that better than anyone else, unless you are oblivious to what is obvious.
www.pianovision.com

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: October 27, 2022, 04:04:12 PM
Well it can't be necroposting if you are still posting in August.  Besides  folks may want to give their feedback/complaints about  crude  posts . 

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: October 27, 2022, 04:16:52 PM
You don't know what we are talking about it has nothing to do with August nor this boring thread. Why don't you give up on your hissy fit already? Ah I see bumping this dead thread because you want it on top of the  PF website section for attention. Well we can combat that  ;D

compline still crying about a thread AFTER contributing to it numerous of times without any issues. Sees that her attention post is not at the top of the list and needs to bump it. What a useless contribution to the website being a Karen.

All i hear from compline is someone sitting on their high horse casting judgement upon others. Haven't you got something better to do?
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: October 27, 2022, 10:28:56 PM
Well it can't be necroposting if you are still posting in August.  Besides  folks may want to give their feedback/complaints about  crude  posts .

Ow wow... you're still moaning about this??? C'mon - it's a bit of light fun... and moaning about it 2 1/2 months later is kind of sad.

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: October 28, 2022, 07:35:30 AM
Well then, you may do what you like with this thread, but what is sad is the banality of the threads you  and others frequent and call it entertainment.  Now that is sad, why do you resort to such banality! 

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: October 28, 2022, 08:24:29 AM

compline, you seem like a nice person, trying to help other people and this website but personally I think it would be unfair for lostinidlewonder to have his/her(/it) post to be deleted.
Best regards.

- Leigh

Thank you Leigh Anne,    Last Post Wins, may be  lostinidlewonder's thread, and he is welcome to it! but it has been allowed to  degenerate into knock about loony tunes and far worse the vilest, more dark, disturbing  side of humour if you can call it that.   by a certain member whom I will not name and who thinks he is a devout Catholic...    Ok so they say, well don't go on that thread, avoid it  which I do now.. but the  more mature newcomers who have  recently joined,  must visit this thread and think what the heck  kind of devious,  filthy nonsense is this??

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: October 29, 2022, 12:17:53 AM
it has been allowed to  degenerate into knock about loony tunes and far worse the vilest, more dark, disturbing  side of humour if you can call it that.

You haven't been on the internet much, have you? If you think that thread has some of the most vile, dark and disturbing pieces of humour...

...you are in for a shock. The internet is full of MUCH, MUCH WORSE!!!

Clearly the thread isn't going anywhere, and it certainly isn't being deleted - so what you need to do with your life is put it out of your head and move on with you life.

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: October 29, 2022, 05:34:51 AM
Hey , enough with the advice P-P.    Clearly its  you and your  pals that haven't moved on continuing to post banal crap!
I'm fine thank you , I  left it.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: October 30, 2022, 01:02:38 AM
Hey , enough with the advice P-P.   
I'm fine thank you , I  left it.

Says the person who felt compelled to resurrect this thread 2 1/2 months later??? If you were fine with it - I wouldn't have to keep responding to messages like this.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert