Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Blanche Selva. Cloches dans la brume. Cloches au soleil  (Read 451 times)

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Two enchanting pieces by Blanche Selva (1884-1942) recorded in London, Milton Hall Concert Hall. If you like the pieces (and I hope you do!) the scores are on imslp :)

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Re: Blanche Selva. Cloches dans la brume. Cloches au soleil
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 05:28:57 PM
Great playing! And thanks for the discovery, these pieces are pretty neat, and I'd never heard of this composer before!

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 12:10:54 PM
Thank you! And it makes me really happy if you play them too. I'm finishing my doctorate atm; I am analysing her pianistic legacy. She was a remarkable artist and technician. Her treatise is incredibly insightful and she is undersevedly very little known in the English-speaking musical world. Really glad to hear you enjoyed them! Thanks for listening!

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 08:28:18 PM
Really enjoyed these, thanks for posting!

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 12:18:13 PM
i also enjoyed it and beautiful playing congratulations !
i admit i have never heard of this composer and writer. is her piano treatise available in english? i would be curious to read it if so. many thanks

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 07:41:26 PM
Thank you for sharing this music.  Beautiful and sensitive playing.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert