Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: F. Chopin, Valse de l'adieu Op. 69 No. 1 - Piano, Luca Rebola  (Read 1163 times)

Offline madaquando

• PS Silver Member
My last recording:

Comments are welcome!
Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: F. Chopin, Valse de l'adieu Op. 69 No. 1 - Piano, Luca Rebola
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 10:27:40 PM
Nice job! I would think a bit more about the tempo changes or rubato you use. Right now the tempo changes feel a bit too jerky. Carefully think through your choices and check that they all feel and sound organic when you listen. Right now the tempo changes feel a bit like you are not fully in control over the tempo. If the listener gets startled, it's a bit too much.

Offline madaquando

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 03:58:06 PM
Nice job! I would think a bit more about the tempo changes or rubato you use. Right now the tempo changes feel a bit too jerky. Carefully think through your choices and check that they all feel and sound organic when you listen. Right now the tempo changes feel a bit like you are not fully in control over the tempo. If the listener gets startled, it's a bit too much.

Thank you very much! I think you're totally right in what you write.
Arrivederci!

Offline thirtytwo2020

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 09:25:49 AM
Well done! I think your playing is very imaginative. Lelle may have a point about the rubato, but please don't lose your expressive approach while trying to correct it.

How are you recording this? Your playing deserves better sound. I get the feeling you are playing on a fairly decent piano, and that it should be possible to get a better-recorded piano sound with just a bit of experimenting or possibly slightly better equipment.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 01:09:25 PM
How are you recording this? Your playing deserves better sound. I get the feeling you are playing on a fairly decent piano

If I was a betting man, I'd say it's a digital piano. Something tells me it's digital...

Offline madaquando

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 01:14:54 AM
Well done! I think your playing is very imaginative. Lelle may have a point about the rubato, but please don't lose your expressive approach while trying to correct it.

How are you recording this? Your playing deserves better sound. I get the feeling you are playing on a fairly decent piano, and that it should be possible to get a better-recorded piano sound with just a bit of experimenting or possibly slightly better equipment.

Thank you very much! Yes, the sound is not so good, it was with a digital piano but something went wrong with the vst preset. I was concentrated on a new triple pedal I just received, and so I missed that point in the setup. Thanks again, arrivederci!

Offline madaquando

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 01:16:59 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd say it's a digital piano. Something tells me it's digital...

You're right! It's a digital piano with Pianoteq. My acoustic piano was (still is) out of tune, and I wanted to experiment with a triple pedal.
Greetings!

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 05:42:35 PM
Well played. 

Your phrasing style at times likes to have a lot of acceleration.  I don't think it is objectionable, just different. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline madaquando

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 03:01:03 AM
Well played. 

Your phrasing style at times likes to have a lot of acceleration.  I don't think it is objectionable, just different.

Thank you very much!
Greetings
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert