Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: "The Godfather" Movie Main Theme  (Read 674 times)

Offline contentpiano

• PS Silver Member
"The Godfather" Movie Main Theme
on: December 26, 2021, 04:16:25 PM
Ever since I watched the classical trilogy I'm in love with this soundtrack. And now, many years later I recorded it with a new piano set up. I would like to know your opinions on it. Much Love Guus

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: "The Godfather" Movie Main Theme
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 12:21:17 AM
I'm going to say this as nice as I can, but you've posted on this forum 13 times, and 11 times were to show off your YouTube videos.

This is a community, where we're meant to help contribute to others questions and queries. It isn't a place that you can just dump all your videos and hope it will bolster your view count on YouTube... we've had PLENTY of them here before.

I'm not going to comment until you maybe start contributing a little more to the forum.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 02:11:33 AM
Sorry, but your arrangement is pretty unimaginative and banal.
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 02:36:33 AM
Sorry, but your arrangement is pretty unimaginative and banal.

Also, a LOT of your chords are wrong, and the attempt to use chords in the lower octaves of the piano do not work at all, and those improvisatory type arpeggios are WAY TOO overdone and trying to use them between phrases is so cliche... and doesn't actually help linking the passages together. 

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 04:29:41 AM
He hasn't been on since he posted that, so I suspect he's just farming for YouTube views.

I won't be participating/viewing any more of his videos from now on.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert