Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Teachers: how much do you charge for online lessons? Student answers welcome too  (Read 1018 times)

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to ask the teachers of Piano Street how much you charge for online lessons? And how long are those lessons? Do you have different rates for different levels?

Students: how much does your teacher charge you per lesson?

anacrusis

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
You should have a music teachers association for your given area which suggests the fees.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
I'm thinking of teaching internationally so that's why I'm curious how much people who teach online to students all over the world charge.

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
I'm thinking of teaching internationally so that's why I'm curious how much people who teach online to students all over the world charge.
They usually charge whatever they charge locally.

Online lelle

• PS Gold Member
Isn't it often in the 25-50€ range? I'm thinking of teachers who market themselves via YouTube etc. Or am I completely off on that?

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Isn't it often in the 25-50€ range? I'm thinking of teachers who market themselves via YouTube etc. Or am I completely off on that?
Yes, that is pretty typical.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Experienced teachers in Australia get more than that. Many of my students pay $100Aud per hour which is around 70Euros.

www.musicteacherswa.org.au/index.php/about-wamta/teaching-fees

I'm any case I would not change my rates given someone lives elsewhere they either pay my price or look elsewhere. I'm sure there are teachers who charge much less. I paid $500aud per hour for lessons before from the highest tier teacher im my country with extensive international concerting experience and a huge amount of music industry contacts.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Thanks, this is the type of information I was looking for. Naturally, students would pay the established fee regardless of where in the world they are. I was just thinking what teachers typically charge in that scenario.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert