Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Hi. I would like to know more about you guys.  (Read 1588 times)

Offline ChampY

• PS Silver Member
Hi. I would like to know more about you guys.
on: February 12, 2005, 04:08:52 AM
Hi.
It was this morning. I woke up and try to search for Richard Goode's Waldstein Sonata recording. Then  I found this interestingly wonderful piano forum. After I read a few topic that has been posted, I registered. :)

I would like to tell a little bit a about myself. I am also a pianist. I started having piano lesson when I was really young but I didn't take it seriously. However, in my high school years, I decided to be serious about it and take it as my  career cuz I thought I am quite good at it, plus I like it so much.

After I got in the conservatory, I found my playing sounds so crap. Of couse, I was disappointed But in the same time, that's also encourage and inspire me to practise and improve myself. >:(

To me, I am much enjoyed when I play chamber music. I actually enjoy it more that I enjoy playing solo pieces. I think music shouldn't be play alone. Well... it can be played alone. But it's much nicer when you interact with your friend. In my school, piano students are quite seperated from the rest(orchestra people), which i think it's not good. We should be in the same society so that we can support each other.

Before you guys get  bored to read, I would like to stop talking now. I would like to know more about you guys. Who are you guys? Where do u live? in US? does any of you study in any conservatory? Something like that. You don't have to tell me your name if you don't want to. ;)

Cheers,
another newbie pianist

Offline Ludwig Van Rachabji

• PS Silver Member
Re: Hi. I would like to know more about you guys.
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 05:53:53 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I go by Ludwig Van Rachabji. You can call me Ludwig Van Rachabji, Ludwig, Rachabji, Ludwig V Rachabji, LVR, L.V.Rachabji, etc.. I am currently living in the United States. I am a pianist as well as a composer. I try to give advice when I can, and am always willing to help.

I hope you enjoy it here!
Music... can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable. Leonard Bernstein

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 07:16:01 AM
I am a fifty-seven year old New Zealander. Most of my musical time is spent in improvising in which I am very unorthodox but very happy. I have amassed a large number of written compositions over the years and, although not up to the purely pianistic standards of some on the forums, I can play reasonably well. Against the advice of many, I have remained amateur in order to play and write exactly as I wish. I earn my living as IT manager for a large manufacturing company but now my only son is grown I hope to retire soon and devote still more time to music.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline lenny

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 07:39:59 AM
i have a feeling this topic will be moved sometime soon
love,peace,hope,fresh coconuts

Offline ChampY

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 04:33:59 PM
i have a feeling this topic will be moved sometime soon

Nevermind. I didn't where to post this topic. So I just posted here.

I am a fifty-seven year old New Zealander. Most of my musical time is spent in improvising in which I am very unorthodox but very happy. I have amassed a large number of written compositions over the years and, although not up to the purely pianistic standards of some on the forums, I can play reasonably well. Against the advice of many, I have remained amateur in order to play and write exactly as I wish. I earn my living as IT manager for a large manufacturing company but now my only son is grown I hope to retire soon and devote still more time to music.

You live in NZ?? Do you know Thomas Hecht?? He was an american teacher who used to teacher in some university in New Zealand.

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 11:31:19 PM
ChampY:

No, in the past I have seldom got on with musicians or pianists here so I don't have anything to do with them these days.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert