Piano Forum

A Free Grand Piano? – Scammers Target Piano Enthusiasts
If you’re in the market for a piano, be cautious of a new scam that’s targeting music lovers, businesses, schools, and churches. Scammers are offering “free” pianos but with hidden fees that can add up to hundreds of dollars and, as you may have guessed, the piano will never be delivered. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: Chopin Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2 in E Flat Major  (Read 1296 times)

Offline aboushley

• PS Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

My name is Charlie, I am 11 years old, and I started learning piano 2.5 years ago.

This was my latest performance of Chopin Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2 in E Flat Major at my piano studio's spring recital.

I would love to hear your comments and feedback on what details I could improve and in what way.

I love this piece and want to make it a permanent part of my repertoire.

Thank you for your time and feedback!

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Re: VIDEO: Chopin Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2 in E Flat Major
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 10:53:25 PM
Well played! I think this piece absolutely deserves to be in your repertoire. I'd work on playing all the chords in the left hand one dynamic level softer, to create more space for the melody to sing :)

Offline dw4rn

• PS Gold Member
Re: VIDEO: Chopin Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2 in E Flat Major
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 08:10:00 AM
Well done Charlie! Beautifully played. I think you have a very mature appreciation of this piece, a lovely singing tone and a great sense of rubato. I am really impressed that you can play like this after 2,5 years.
I agree with lelle that you could sometimes tread more carefully with the left hand chords. It could be because you feel that you have to jump very quickly from the bass note. When practicing the left hand, make sure you give yourself the time you need to play a healthy bass note, and then land softly on the first chord.
Can't wait to hear more!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert