Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: on what i should work on?  (Read 736 times)

Offline luk0ss

• PS Silver Member
on what i should work on?
on: June 03, 2022, 08:18:41 PM
Hello everyone, i play piano since late january so im pretty much of a begginer. i would like to know what should i improve and on what i should work on. thanks!

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Re: on what i should work on?
Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 11:42:05 PM
If you've only played since late january this is very good! I think you should work on your rhythm. Right now you are pushing and pulling the tempo a lot. I think you should practice this piece a bit with a very steady rhythm, and then re-introduce your pushing and pulling, but be a bit more careful with it. Think of it as an ingredient in a cake, if there is way too much sugar the cake simply becomes too sweet, but the right amount of sugar is what makes it taste great. The same goes with pushing and pulling the tempo (also known as rubato). Hope that helps!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert