Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Melancolie by Francis Poulenc score  (Read 724 times)

Offline lousyplayer

• PS Silver Member
Melancolie by Francis Poulenc score
on: June 19, 2022, 10:19:08 AM
I have been looking for this for a while, thought I would share the score of "Melancolie" by Francis Poulenc. Very beautiful piece. Also, if someone could share their views on this piece in terms of difficulty, I would appreciate :)

Offline julien44piano

• PS Silver Member
Re: Melancolie by Francis Poulenc score
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 08:28:17 PM
Hi,
Very beautiful piece of music, indeed.
I am quite familiar with the difficulties of this piece as I played it some time ago and just thinking to visit it again recently.

I post my performance of it:

Dynamics, sense of the phrases, different plans of music voices, contrasts, touch, memory are the difficulties

It may be a bit more difficult to play that what you can imagine listening to it

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert