Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Invention 13  (Read 536 times)

Offline truecam

• PS Silver Member
Invention 13
on: July 22, 2022, 11:30:26 AM
Idk how this sounds I don't have a piano teacher so I am not sure if this is good or not whatever. Thank you for reading/ listening. Any tips would help be harsh idc.

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Re: Invention 13
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 10:17:00 PM
Good job! I think you have established a good foundation. I would work on polishing it by applying targetted practice to the parts where mistakes happen. Just take short fragments and work on them patiently and slowly so you really absorb them. It's also often easier to focus and polish something if you're just working on a small chunk and know that you don't have to slog through the whole piece.

The second thing I would do now is to think about how you want to shape the two voices in this piece to play them as beautifully as possible. Maybe even play each voice separately and really listen and think about how you want to phrase it.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert