Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: How to Become a Piano Teacher Advice  (Read 519 times)

Offline sunlightscreen

• PS Silver Member
How to Become a Piano Teacher Advice
on: October 06, 2022, 09:16:02 PM
Hello guys,

Got my ARCT diploma at 13 years old with the highest mark in the branch. Recently took up piano again after a hard 4 years of cold turkey no practice. I reached out to Tom Lee to become a piano teacher and to get some free practice, since my neighbours feel uncomfortable listening to piano in the condo. The reason for investing in piano again is to plan for the dollar crash (you know), and to get hands on experience teaching a wide variety of people. Skill-wise and knowledge and experience I am untouchable around the area, but I need a place to start, since Tom Lee hasn't responded yet.

--https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOwxoCWgP2iiBhH2wu1pbMQ (don't judge based on performance, as a lot of these songs I barely touched: for example, Rachmaninoff Prelude in G minor [started playing for only a week] among others)

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Re: How to Become a Piano Teacher Advice
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 06:18:59 PM
Not sure what you are asking specifically around "how to become a piano teacher".  You gave a link to your site.  It did not give any idea about you as a teacher.  It shows you playing.  Your teaching ideas don't show up.  If you want to know "how to become a teacher", does that mean "How to get students / how to be able to set up somewhere?"  Or also, how to become a teacher - learning the ins and outs of teaching?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert