Piano Forum

Topic: Aquarium duet by Saint Saens  (Read 634 times)

Offline milothecat

• PS Silver Member
Aquarium duet by Saint Saens
on: December 18, 2022, 02:28:46 PM
Hello everyone. A repertoire question. Does anyone know how difficult it is to play the Primo in the Saint Saens Aquarium duet? It looks hard initially, however it also seems to fits under the hand quite well and is quite repetitive, so that makes it a little easier.  I am considering this for a student who is intermediate/early advanced. Is it one of those wonderful pieces that look hard but are quite easy. Or am I seriously misjudging the difficulty here? Too good to be true? The reason that I am asking is that my student will need to play this piece with her sister in front of a panel of assessors for her Higher School Certificate (I'm in Australia)  in her final year of high school and so it is important that we choose well.

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Re: Aquarium duet by Saint Saens
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 02:41:30 PM
I see that over a week later there are no answers.  I also am not in a position to answer.  However, here is my thinking.  It appears that you are teaching since you mention your student.  I'd think that what you'd do is to get the music, play through the music - both parts - analyze difficulties and such, using your knowledge about piano, and about your student's strengths and weaknesses.  If her sister isn't studying with you, then I guess you would not know about her strengths and weaknesses.  This is probably not very helpful because you've already thought about that part already.  ;)  It's just that I'm seeing crickets for your question.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert