Piano Forum

New Feature: Live Streamed Piano Recitals
With music venues on lock down across the world and many of us spending a lot more time at home, we can now enjoy the growing supply of concerts via live stream to watch from home on our TV, computer or smartphone. Piano Street has launced a new feature to help you keep track of upcoming livestreamed piano events. Watch the new ticker on our homepage! Read more >>

Topic: Piece Suggestion with Lots of Arpeggios in the L.H  (Read 199 times)

Offline banxanamilk

• PS Silver Member
Piece Suggestion with Lots of Arpeggios in the L.H
on: January 16, 2023, 04:38:45 AM
I'm getting back into piano after 3 years and I found myself a good teacher. I've been playing my old pieces but now my teacher is asking to bring a new piece to her. I'm trying to get back into being able to move my arm and wrist so I want to practice my arpeggios and something melodic. I'm at around a grade 9 RCM level but I'm also open to looking at something a little more difficult to look at in the future.

Offline droprenstein

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piece Suggestion with Lots of Arpeggios in the L.H
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 06:08:45 AM
Rachmaninoff 23/2 Prelude has extensive left hand arpeggios, and is extremely rewarding to play. Probably too hard for RCM 9, but it's something to look at in the future.
A lot of Liszt has left hand arpeggios, it'd be worth it to take a look at some of his pieces and find one that fits both your criteria. There's bound to be one somewhere.

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piece Suggestion with Lots of Arpeggios in the L.H
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 09:34:53 AM
If you just want some piece with a ton of LH arpeggios, you can take up some new age pieces lol

Like this one for instance, starting at 2:30.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35VE9WykH1c

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert