Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: What does it all mean?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
What does it all mean?
on: March 17, 2005, 02:34:52 AM
I don't mean any of this in a negative, complaing way. 

I was just looking through my profile settings and I see a lot of new stuff. 

Like this...

Show board descriptions inside boards. 
Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first. 

I have no idea what that means.  I don't feel like switching them on and off to find out. 

Maybe we need a help feature that explains what all these things mean?

Maybe a page with pf site updates to tell us when something changes in case we want to use it (as opposed ot stumbling across it later)?

The new stuff looks cool though.  I wonder what it is.  I keep discovering little changes and updates in things which is cool.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Glissando

Re: What does it all mean?
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 03:30:25 AM
No idea- or at least, no idea how to explain it.  :P
Anyway I see I'm not the only one who decided to change their screen-name! :)

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 04:35:31 PM
Please don't change your screen name if you not have a VERY good reason. Just imagine if everyone starts changing their displayed name. I could suddenly become comme_le_vent and Bernhard could be Lenny... :o

If you do not respect this I will need to turn off the possibilty to change your displayed name.

Regarding the new features you are right Bob, there should be instructions for everything. I will try too prepare an update of the help pages that incude it all.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:19:41 PM
I could suddenly become comme_le_vent and Bernhard could be Lenny... :o

Some of us have already figured this out  ;).. I mean suspect this  ;).. ehem.. I mean.. I know nothing  :-X
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert