Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Pathetique  (Read 1828 times)

Offline LVB op.57

• PS Silver Member
Pathetique
on: March 25, 2005, 01:25:36 PM
I just finished the first movement of Beethoven's pathetique, and now I'm looking at the other two. I know the second movement is easy, but how does the third compare to the first in terms of technical difficulty? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pathetique
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 03:02:38 PM
If you've done the first movement, the third is nothing. I would say easier than the second to play WELL. Second mvt has a lot of interpretation. Third has, but less.

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 05:56:18 PM
I know the second movement is easy, but how does the third compare to the first in terms of technical difficulty?

2nd movement isn't easy, it is difficult in both musical and technical way.  i was on competition and i was listening people in my category. 6-7 people played 2nd and 3rd movement and just one played 2nd nice. others were...absolutely horrible.
comparing 1st and 3rd, first movement is much more difficult.
Critics! If one would be a critic, one should begin with self-criticism !
    -Franz Liszt

Offline beethoartok

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 12:00:23 AM
third and second are easier then first. second just watch for fingering and keep the melody legato in the upper notes of the r.h.

Offline SDL

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 10:14:57 AM
So I guess you caught on to tremelos then? Did you read your replies on the tremelo thread?
"Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience."
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert