Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: SAUTER Grand Piano  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Sydney

• PS Silver Member
SAUTER Grand Piano
on: April 15, 2005, 08:46:24 AM
Hi,

I recently have been offered a SAUTER Grand piano Model V ... made in 1975.
Ivory keys, shining Mahogany case, sounds beautiful.
The price is  AUD 15,000++.

Do you think this is a good buy?

The website says this is one of the oldest piano companies...how is the general reputation about this maker?

Thank you,

S

Offline CJ Quinn

• PS Silver Member
Re: SAUTER Grand Piano
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:27:46 AM
Hi,

I recently have been offered a SAUTER Grand piano Model V ... made in 1975.
Ivory keys, shining Mahogany case, sounds beautiful.
The price is  AUD 15,000++.

Do you think this is a good buy?

The website says this is one of the oldest piano companies...how is the general reputation about this maker?

Thank you,

S

Very high quality pianos, the factory is still run by the family whose name graces the fallboard.  No one can tell you whether a 30 year old piano is worth any amount without seeing it, so the best advice is to get an independent professional tech to check it out. If the piano checks out fine and you like it, you'll have to compare it to other similar pianos in your market to determine if it is a good buy.
Christopher James Quinn
Brooklyn, Earth

Piano: August Förster 190

mp3s: www.media.cjquinn.com

My Miraculous Brooklyn Piano Teacher:  https://www.racheljimenez.com

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Re: SAUTER Grand Piano
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:38:08 AM
as a matter of fact i have a sauter. and i loathe playing it sometimes... really heavy keys. or maybe i'm just a weakling haha... i'm guessing the latter.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert