Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Rach2 and Celine Dion  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Nana_Ama

• PS Silver Member
Rach2 and Celine Dion
on: April 17, 2005, 09:04:58 PM
Have you ever noticed how some parts of Celine Dion's "All By Myself" and the second movement of the second Rachmaninoff concerto sound bery similar?
 :o
I scare people; people scare me; it's a mutual thing!!!

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rach2 and Celine Dion
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 12:24:34 AM
yeah i pointed that out ages ago talk about ripping it off!
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline Nana_Ama

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 01:41:56 AM
yeah i pointed that out ages ago talk about ripping it off!
delayed reaction whoops sorry Tash ;)
I don't like the song as much now that I realized the connection.  That's really interesting though are there any other songs you can think of that are based on classical compositions.  (I'm sure there are a lot but it hasn't hit me yet) :)
I scare people; people scare me; it's a mutual thing!!!

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 06:39:30 AM
eg vitamin c's graduation song= pachabel's canon in d
the one galonia mentioned in the what are you listening to right now thread
another one i have no idea what it's called or who it's by but it reminds me of previn's vineyard sonata 3rd movement
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline willfarnaby

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:16:54 AM
Rachmaninoff, what Rachmaninoff ?   :-X
--------------------------------------------

Regarding Celine Dion... [pinches nostils together between thumb and forefinger]

Eric Carmen's 1976 hit "All By Myself"... among the most-played songs in U.S. pop history...

...Dion covered "All By Myself" on her 1996 album, Falling Into You [yech], which has sold more than 26 million copies worldwide [hello, P.T. Barnum].

"I'd like to think my staying power is a testimonial to damn good songwriting," says Carmen, "My goal has always been to write really, really good songs." [nudge, nudge, wink, wink]
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert