Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Chat Room  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Chat Room
on: April 20, 2005, 06:52:39 AM
dont know if this has already been proposed..but a chat room would be well appreciated and i think i speak on behalf of alot of members...there are enough members online at all times to keep a good constant healthy chat flow...

2 cents
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chat Room
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:52:20 AM
THIS THREAD WILL NO GO UNRECOGNIZED...DELIVER ME A CHAT ROOM WITH SMILEY FACE AND FONT COLOR VARIATIONS OR FEEL MY WRATH

i love you

-Luis
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 01:08:45 PM
Dude, clam down.  Janice does a chat room often, usually Fridays.  They use AIM -- America Online Instant Messenger.  She has posted announcements in either the misc or anything but sections.  Or just pm Janice and ask. 
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 08:55:42 PM
yeah i talk to janice on AIM

im "DancingMop"...add me Mr Bob..you seem swell..anyways...i'v attended those AIM chats..but it'd be nice if there was a 24 hour chat where we could all join..ALOT of people here dont have AIM...its be nice to discuss piano..and gas prices..and rollerskating and balloons..and blankets n stuff..you know..piano stuff
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 01:54:10 AM
It would be kinda cool if there was one in here that you could just pop into while on the pf site.  Maybe that's one of the new, exciting innovation Nils mentioned.

We could all try this...

On AIM, make your way to the "Piano Chat" chatroom.  Click "Chat" on the bottom.  Enter your own username as the person to invite.  Enter "Piano Chat" as the room.  You invite yourself this way.  If we all use the same room name, it would work.  If people are there, great.  If your the only one, then no one must be that interested in chatting.

Offline SDL

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 12:36:46 PM
yep brought this idea up a while ago.  check out response:
https://www.pianoforum.net/smf/index.php/topic,6706.0.html
"Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience."

Offline janice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 03:54:10 PM
Bob, while it is true that you can invite yourself, if you have dial-up you might have a problem, because I know that I do.  As most of the chatters are aware, I have a cheap server and I get booted alot.  So when I get booted after having been in Piano chat, I find that I am unable to get back in the room by inviting myself, I always have to IM one of the other members and then they have to send me an invitation.  Don't know why this happens, but if you have dial-up, maybe you have experienced the same problem? ? ? ?
Co-president of the Bernhard fan club!

Offline SDL

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 03:56:16 PM
where's this piano chat room button?
"Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience."

Offline janice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 05:44:14 PM
I'm not quite sure what your question exactly is, but I will explain a bit more.  You need AIM (AOL Instant Messenger).  Go to www.aim.com to download. I highly suggest using the same name that you do here at PF for your AIM name (Since your name here only has 3 letters, maybe you could add some numbers after it.  But that's just a suggestion.  It kinda bugs me when I have to keep everybody straight and remember who is whom.)  Then, you will be able to set up a "buddy list".  That is a list of other people that you want to talk to.  Underneath my name here (this post) is a little yellow icon thingy.  You can click on that and be able to talk to me (maybe you don't want to talk to me! lol  Or else pick someone you want to talk to!).  If I (or someone else) is online at the moment, you can talk to us.  On the bottom of your 'buddy list' is a row of 5 icons.  On the one that says 'chat', click that and follow Bob's directions up above.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 03:05:41 AM
A near miss!

I had the "piano chat" open and m1469 stopped by.  I didn't see her in time though. :(

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 08:24:02 AM
why aim though :(

anyone on yahoo???

haha

Offline janice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 03:27:57 PM
why aim though :(

anyone on yahoo???

haha
I'm sure there is.  If you want to set one up on Yahoo, feel free.  I'm not sure that that many people will be interested, but I don't know.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert