Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Segerstrom Grand Concert Piano  (Read 6141 times)

Offline LEER

• PS Silver Member
Segerstrom Grand Concert Piano
on: May 03, 2005, 05:28:33 PM
Hello, I am new here, I need some help.  I recently purchased a Segerstrom Grand Concert Piano (upright) from an estate auction. The lady who owned it was my 7th grade choir teacher (18 YRS. AGO) and was the pianist for the Mansfield Symphony Orchestra in Mansfield Ohio.  My wife and I were the only people to bid on this piano and got it for $20.  Upon investigating, there is limited history available on Segerstrom.
I know They were founded in 1912 and went bankrupt in 1914. Then re opened by Holland piano mfg, My piano says Segerstrom, not Holland.  Is my Piano really that old? I would like to have anyone's opinion on my purchase or comments on this particular brand.

Thanks,
Lee Rachel
Lee Rachel
Mansfield, Oh USA

Offline Brian Lawson, RPT

• PS Silver Member
Re: Segerstrom Grand Concert Piano
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 06:07:42 PM
$20 for a concert piano !!!  wow !!

Pierce Atlas only says Segerstrom Piano mfg co. Minneapolis. Est 1900

Call a piano tech have them inspect it to get a proper idea of its condition

Which area are you in?
Brian Lawson, RPT
South Africa
https://www.lawsonic.co.za

Offline LEER

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 06:23:43 PM
I am in Mansfield, Ohio USA.  Thanks for your input

Lee
Lee Rachel
Mansfield, Oh USA

Offline Brian Lawson, RPT

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 06:32:53 PM
Pm'd you
Brian Lawson, RPT
South Africa
https://www.lawsonic.co.za

Offline iduna2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:47:45 AM
I actually picked up a piano for free from a lady who just didn't want it anymore. It is an upright concert grand, and inside the lid it has a gold stamp that says Segerstrom Piano Mfg. Co, Chicago Ill. Menomonie, Wis. Inside the case of the piano it is stamped Kline Chicago, and inside the wood case it is stamped 12996. It is in good condition with a few cosmetic problems but is playable and i have had it tuned. It did not need any pitch raises, according to the guy who tuned it. I was told that it was played in a church for a long time until they got a new one.
Can anyone tell me more about this piano?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert