Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Viennbach  (Read 1759 times)

Offline ricwyk

• PS Silver Member
Viennbach
on: May 05, 2005, 03:47:51 AM
hi i have been renting a Russian made upright for almost a year, and now I am thinking of owning it. It is $3500 canadian, 2 yrs-old, in good condition.

Have anyone heard of the maker Viennbach?? personally i like it very much, for 3500 it is  a price for beginner/intermediate uprights. However i found it more 'charming' than most Yamaha or Kawai, for it has a better touch ---- heavier/weighted keys(which i perfer over light keys), and a more solid tone, unlike some yamaha i tried on(which in my opinion has a typical asian tone----thin? high-pithc, soft, soothing??)

what do u think about it? should i buy or not? what is the re-sell value?
thanks