Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Anton Rubinstein Melody in F  (Read 4929 times)

Offline dschoenenberger

• PS Silver Member
Anton Rubinstein Melody in F
on: May 26, 2003, 10:12:09 AM
Hi all

What is the 'Melody in F' by Anton Rubinstein? Just a nice theme, or a piano/orchestra concerto? Is there a piano solo version? Do you know specific scores?

Many thanks for every piece of information,
Dominik.

Offline frederic

• PS Silver Member
Re: Anton Rubinstein Melody in F
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 08:18:34 AM
Melody in F is the title of a piano solo piece by Rubinstein. We would normally refer to a piece by saying the key, Like Waltz in E minor. But in this case, maybe Rubinstein had trouble giving it a title, its just called it "Melody in F". And of course, it is a piece with a nice Melody in the key of F major.
It is probably Rubinstein's most famous piece.
"The concert is me" - Franz Liszt

Offline amee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 10:31:23 AM
Hi Dominik!

I have the score for this piece and I can scan and send it to you if you are interested.  You can also download it from the web.
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." - Frederic Chopin

Offline frederic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 01:28:20 PM

Offline Reoreo111

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2003, 08:51:59 PM
This piece sounds soo nice, but i'm having problems getting out the inside melody.  Does anyone have any tips?  

Offline amee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 03:51:17 AM
I don't think SMA is working right now...every time I try to get in an Error page pops up!
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." - Frederic Chopin

Offline chopinetta

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 04:27:23 AM
oh no! my only source for online sheet music is not working properly!!! what am i going to do?!
"If I do not believe anymore in tears, it is because I see you cry." -Chopin to George Sand
"How repulsive this George Sand is! is she really a woman? I'm ready to doubt it."-Chopin on George Sand

Offline frederic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 12:12:51 PM
It works fine for me.
But i knew it was recently changed from sheetmusicarchive.COM to sheetmusicarchive.NET.

Offline amee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2003, 10:31:44 AM
Yay! Its working again ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert