Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Prokofiev 2nd Concerto op.16  (Read 2233 times)

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Prokofiev 2nd Concerto op.16
on: June 10, 2005, 01:28:30 AM
Anyoen know of any edition published of this concerto, that has more than just a few spare fingerings for the second movement? i want to compare my own fingerings with something else, becaus I am not too comfortable in a few places.  I have the kalmus editino I think? A white one, sorry it is at home.  Prokofiev put in a few fingerings and they are helpful but there are really just a few. Let me know!
Thanks Andrew Howzer
 8)

Offline steinwayguy

• PS Silver Member
Re: Prokofiev 2nd Concerto op.16
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 05:40:09 AM
ur playing proko's 2nd liek omg thaz inzane!!!!11111

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 09:42:08 PM
ur playing proko's 2nd liek omg thaz inzane!!!!11111

im not that up on internet lingo or "alternative" spellings but i guess u mean to say, "I dont have a clue buddy?"
 ::) ::)

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 12:21:58 AM
Anyoen know of any edition published of this concerto, that has more than just a few spare fingerings for the second movement? i want to compare my own fingerings with something else, becaus I am not too comfortable in a few places.  I have the kalmus editino I think? A white one, sorry it is at home.  Prokofiev put in a few fingerings and they are helpful but there are really just a few. Let me know!
Thanks Andrew Howzer
 8)

go to
https://www.abrahamespinosa.com/partituras2.htm

I was looking at the score of prok2 from that site, and I'm not sure what edition it is, but there is some fingerings, and on top of that it is someones used score tha has been scanned so there are a lot of whoever was working on it's fingerings written in too.
"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline dbrainiak914

• PS Silver Member
"The artist will spend months on a Chopin valse.  The student feels injured if he cannot play it in a day." - Vladimir de Pachmann

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 03:40:57 PM
Awesome! THanks! ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert