Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.23 No.3  (Read 1454 times)

Offline darkthrone666

• PS Silver Member
Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.23 No.3
on: June 11, 2005, 12:13:41 AM
I'm 17 years old. I've been playing piano for about 3 1/2 years, and I practically love everything that Rachmaninoff does. The first real piece I actually played was his C# minor prelude. Thats what got me started on piano.  Took me almost 2 years to learn with a couple major technique problems that I plan on going back and fixing later. Starting almost completely at from scratch didn't help.
     Anyway I am going to try to have Rach's op23 no2 ready for an audition sometime next year.  If anyone has played this before or has any advice i would GREATLY appreciate it.

P.S. Also my sight reading is horrible. Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline ramseytheii

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.23 No.3
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 07:16:39 PM
Your subject says op.23 no,3, but your message op.23 no.2.  If you mean op.23 no.2 I would only advise, that "Maestoso," is not fast.  His Majesty does not hurry.

Walter Ramsey

Offline darkthrone666

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 08:06:48 PM
Sorry I didn't notice that.  Its Op23. No 2. Bflat Major.  My bad. Thanks.
Yes, I know Maestoso isn't fast, but fitting six notes per beat doesn't make it simple. 

Offline gorbee natcase

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:50:33 PM
I prefer the G minor its rich and fat, a thouroughly enjoyable slice of ham
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)      What ever Bernhard said
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert