Piano Forum

Topic: Logged in  (Read 1885 times)

Offline contrapunctus

• PS Silver Member
Logged in
on: June 11, 2005, 01:35:52 AM
After I log in every few minutes and sometimes when I change pages it says I am a guest in the upper right corner of the screen. Why is this, because it means I have to log in over and over again. Also sometimes when I try to post it says that I can only post if I am logged in, yet I was logged in--this makes me have to type my reply multiple times till it works. Does this happen to anyone else?
Medtner, man.

Offline TheHammer

• PS Silver Member
Re: Logged in
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:49:30 AM
You are aware that in your "log-in"-screen there is a box where you can activate "always stay logged in"? And there is also a timer, saying like: time to stay logged in: ... minutes. Either activate staying logged in, or increase the time till log-out.
Or it could be, that while browsing the PF-site your cookies are deleted (by you or automatically) which would result in being logged out as well.
Or you have a completely different problem...

Hope that helped.

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 12:22:52 PM
Most likely your browser are blocking the piano forum cookies. Try to set the privacy setting in your browser one or two steps lower and let me know if this makes any difference.

In IE Explorer you find the settings at: Tools>Internet options>Privacy

Offline contrapunctus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 02:20:50 AM
Most likely your browser are blocking the piano forum cookies. Try to set the privacy setting in your browser one or two steps lower and let me know if this makes any difference.

In IE Explorer you find the settings at: Tools>Internet options>Privacy

Thanks it worked
Medtner, man.

Offline allthumbs

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 06:52:02 PM

Greetings

You are aware that in your "log-in"-screen there is a box where you can activate "always stay logged in"? And there is also a timer, saying like: time to stay logged in: ... minutes. Either activate staying logged in, or increase the time till log-out.

I couldn't find the login screen that gave you the option to change the time to stay logged in. I do remember seeing it at one time with a default setting of 300 minutes, I think.

Has this been changed?

Cheers :)

Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert