Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Mozart Sonatas ...  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Garfield

• PS Silver Member
Mozart Sonatas ...
on: July 31, 2003, 01:10:37 PM
Hello !  :D

Yesterday I realized that, even if I knew most of his operas, I barely knew NONE of Mozart's sonatas (just maybe the Turkish March) !  ::)
So, which one would you suggest me to listen, and, if possible, which sonata or movement would you suggest me to play (I'm an intermediate player - if you see what I mean) ?

Thank you for your answers, have a nice day, and... sorry for my english!  ;D

Offline BuyBuy

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart Sonatas ...
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 05:20:22 PM
The one in B-flat, K333 is definitely my favorite. I've played it and it's not the easiest of Mozart's sonatas...

But it's very enjoyable: it sounds virtosic, if you know what I mean. Listen to Horowitz interpretation : unforgettable.

Offline piani0player

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 09:30:02 AM
one of my favourite is the K331(last movement is the Turkish March) the first movement is very beautifull that i never get bored listen to it over and over again. it makes me feel like im in heaven.The k330 which im working on is also a good one. :)
"imagine a little shepherd who takes refuge in a peaceful grotto from an approaching storm.  In the distance rushes the wind and the rain, while the shepherd gently plays a melody on his flute."

Offline amee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:05:56 PM
I'm learning K309 (in C major) right now and I love it!  The third movement especially.  Also hvae a look at the one in D major K311 - both of these sonatas are Dip. ABRSM level pieces.
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." - Frederic Chopin

Offline eddie92099

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 08:04:27 AM
The F major sonata is certainly regarded as one of his best works. In my edition it is the first one in the book although I'm not sure it was the first written,
Ed

Offline la_carrenio2003

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 08:18:30 AM
KV 545  C major-no.16-,  KV 284(205b) D major -no.6- and KV 332(300k)F major -no. 12-, in that order. Interesting thing: Mozart only wrote 2 minor sonatas: one when his mother died (A minor KV 310-300d no.9) and the other when the father died (C minor  no. 14 KV 457).These are difficult ones in the artistic way.
"Soli Deo Gloria".
     J.S. Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert