Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Streetís digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the webís most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Maria Tipo  (Read 2064 times)

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Maria Tipo
on: September 13, 2005, 12:19:55 AM
What are your thoughts of her? My teacher studied with her for a couple of years back when. I have never heard about her, but she supposedly had a good career.

boliver

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Re: Maria Tipo
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 03:08:15 PM
anyone

Offline celticqt

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:18:51 PM
Sorry Boliver, never heard of her.  Hey did you say somewhere in here that you are a music minister?  That's what my husband does too.
Beware the barrenness of a busy life. ~Socrates

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 08:22:27 PM
yep, sure am. I lead music at Trinity Baptist Church here in Baytown, TX. fun stuff. how does your husband like it?

Offline celticqt

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 09:12:46 PM
Oh that's funny.  We are at a Baptist church in Michigan.  He is also the asst. there - he enjoys the music, but the choir drives him nuts sometimes.  I think every church has a choir member who sings in a monotone. :)
Beware the barrenness of a busy life. ~Socrates

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:14:31 PM
Oh that's funny.  We are at a Baptist church in Michigan.  He is also the asst. there - he enjoys the music, but the choir drives him nuts sometimes.  I think every church has a choir member who sings in a monotone. :)

yeah it can get frustrating. I have a couple of members who frequently change which octave they want to sing in. usually change several times in the middle of a song. not a good idea.

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 10:00:01 AM
Maria Tipo (just my opinion) is excellent :D. I have a CD of hers on Scarlatti sonatas whcih is one of my favorites, and there is a famous Clementi recording as well (whihc I have not heard). When young she was a babe! :D (I will try to find a picture).

Best wishes,
Bernhard.
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 12:56:39 PM
Maria Tipo (just my opinion) is excellent :D. I have a CD of hers on Scarlatti sonatas whcih is one of my favorites, and there is a famous Clementi recording as well (whihc I have not heard). When young she was a babe! :D (I will try to find a picture).

Best wishes,
Bernhard.

I would tend to trust your instincts. I have heard mixed reviews of her scarlatti and especially her Bach. a picture would be great.

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 07:34:13 PM
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 07:53:49 PM
she reminds me of one of those 50's actresses. everything always in the right place and no need to flaunt, she knows she is worth pursuing. no need to be a slut.

boliver

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 07:56:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you gave precisely the same impression boliver!

drooling included.

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 07:58:17 PM
why thank you cpt. dork

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 11:09:46 AM
she reminds me of one of those 50's actresses. everything always in the right place and no need to flaunt, she knows she is worth pursuing. no need to be a slut.

boliver

Yeah, Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russel, Jean Harlow, Ava Gardner, Mae West... no sluts there ;D

Offline pianowelsh

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 02:23:24 PM
Yeah i have her scarlatti disk. She has made several i believe. She sits on a lot of international competitions now- you may find a biog on one of their pages - i had one in programme form last Leeds but i just moved and i cant find it! Sorry

Offline erik-

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 05:36:05 PM
I recorded a performance of her on TV, I think she was playing a Mozart concerto. I haven't had time to watch it yet :(
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert