Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Recording  (Read 1543 times)

Offline jr11

• PS Silver Member
Recording
on: March 26, 2004, 05:59:41 PM
I have tried a number of mic placements with my grand, as well as mixing multiple mic setups. The best setup? Believe it or not, direct-in with a weight-action 88 note electronic keyboard, recorded as an audio file (not midi). No room noise. It's not a piano, but better than a lot of pianos I've had provided for me in various venues.

What do you think of a quality digital for recording?

Offline alkanite

• PS Silver Member
Re: Recording
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 10:06:40 PM
My Roland FP-8 sounds great when piped in through the computer or stereo.  But the piano itself is not quite sensitive enough for me to be happy with the recording.  Now recording it in midi and playing it through Steinberg's Grand VSTi gives you more flexibility.  But that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert