Piano Forum logo
June 25, 2018, 02:08:59 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Have you ever met Mr. Ignaz Brüll?

Like his contemporary Max Bruch, Ignaz Brüll lived in the shadow of Brahms and even though his artistic aims were unlike those of the greater composer, he has suffered neglect, much of it unwarranted. Brüll appears in the Romantic Piano Concertos series by Hyperion Records. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debussy Suite Bergamasque prelude  (Read 8410 times)
healdie
PS Silver Member

« on: August 13, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »

Hi guys i have the sheet music for this and as ussual there are no finguring suggestions

i would be very grateful if someone could suggest some fingering for the pattern in the 2nd bar as i can't quite work out a good practical one to use

thanks a bundle

Healdie
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"Talent is hitting a target no one else can hit, Genius is hitting a target no one else can see"

A. Schopenhauer

Florestan

Sheet music to download and print: Suite Bergamasque by Debussy
gerryjay
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:32:38 AM »

dear heldie:
let me provide you three answers, order from best to worst:

1) try your own fingerings and solve it by yourself. fingering is about your body and your musical intuition and discretion, so it's a matter of try and error (and, of course, some good advice by a teacher who can listen to you);

2) in a case like this, when it seems hard to find a proper fingering, try it backwards. i mean, solve first the last group of notes.

3) although i did use some variations in this passage, my favorite fingering is (the first note considered is the a):
3 4 3 - 2 4 2 1 - 2 4 2 1 - 3 2 1 2 | 4 (use thumb to play the c) 3 4 5 - 4

btw, such a nice piece.

best wishes!
bernhard
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:39:35 PM »

Here is an alternative (neither better nor worse, just different):

Remember: fingering implies motion - and you can always come up with a diferent fingering yourself:

Best wishes,
Bernhard

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: