Piano Forum

Poll

Hands up if you love Pianistimo!

Yes, i love Pianistimo
Yes, i love Pianistimo
YES. I LOVE PIANISTIMO
No, i don't (please leave blank)

Topic: Pianistimo - We love you!!  (Read 9007 times)

Offline popdog

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pianistimo - We love you!!
Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 01:17:53 PM
In her defense (again) while she was banned/away for ages, there were a number of religious threads around, and everyone seemed perfectly happy to bash religion in them. Put yourself in her shoes and imagine that people are insulting a major part of your life. Would you say nothing, or would you try to back up your beliefs? My bet is on the latter option.

My point was not about her religious views, but about where she discusses them. 

Lay off the woman.

I'll do as i see fit, and I really don't think what I said was that harsh. 

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 01:21:47 PM
My point was not about her religious views, but about where she discusses them. 

I do see where you're coming from, but she gets insulted and argued with even on threads dedicated to religion.

I'll do as i see fit, and I really don't think what I said was that harsh. 

It wasn't harsh compared to what some other people have said, but I still think everyone should just lay off her. We've had these arguments so many times before, leave it to Nils or PM.
h lp! S m b dy  st l   ll th  v w ls  fr m  my  k y b  rd!

I am an imagine of your figmentation.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: November 02, 2008, 01:33:34 PM
Take it easy popdog this is not solely aimed at you.
if it's a problem pm nils and see what happens. OK?

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: November 02, 2008, 08:35:05 PM
I don't believe in this psychology business and even if that is the case, the never-ending psychologist cycle that GWK mentioned is still a high-level insult.

Trust me, that wasn't a "high-level insult".

G.W.K
When I'm right, no one remembers. When I'm wrong, no one forgets!

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pianistimo - We don't love you!
Reply #54 on: November 02, 2008, 08:38:28 PM
Personally, I think she should visit a psychologist because she needs to get her mind sorted out. In fact, no. The psychologist would then need to visit another psychologist and it would start a never-ending cycle.

The most disgusting insult I've ever read.  >:(
It also implies that psychologists are weak.
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: November 02, 2008, 08:43:44 PM
The most disgusting insult I've ever read.  >:(
It also implies that psychologists are weak.

I would not be stupid enough to insult myself. I study psychology.

G.W.K

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: November 02, 2008, 08:50:49 PM
I would not be stupid enough to insult myself. I study psychology.

G.W.K

You're not yet a psychologist, but if you were, would you be able to help pianistimo?

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Pianistimo ~ We don't love you!
Reply #57 on: November 02, 2008, 09:00:13 PM
You're not yet a psychologist, but if you were, would you be able to help pianistimo?

An interesting question. I feel that if I were to attempt to assist pianistimo, although it would be possible to...rehabilitate...her, it would take a lot of resources, time and effort. However, after treatment, there is always the risk of one to slip back into previous...disruptions.

It is difficult to be able to make a hypothesis on how one will respond to treatment, especially if they are...delicate (which I'm not saying Susan is). It is possible, but unlikely that I would be able to help pianistimo.

G.W.K

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: November 02, 2008, 09:03:15 PM
Help me with what?  Take God out of my brain?  God told us through the bible that it was exactly the Holy Spirit that we need to make us come out of our own ways of thinking and listen to His word instead of our own. Psychologists make up 'babble' to sooth the souls - but does it work in the long  run.  Only if the Psych uses Christian methodology.  Christ used love on everyone. Demon possessed to high Roman officials.  He treated them all the same and used reverse psychology a lot.

It is more highly likely that I would affect GWK by influencing his spheres of power - naming Jesus over them and commanding them to leave.  (this is a joke, btw) I actually don't use much of that with anyone excepting those that have extremely disheveled hair and very bad breath.  For all others, i suggest light topics that have nothing to do with religion. 

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pianistimo ~ We don't love you!
Reply #59 on: November 02, 2008, 09:05:14 PM
Now let us be optimistic.  ;) You may find a Christian psychologist. No need to go take G-d out of your brain. It's just... trying to get along with people...  :-\

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: November 02, 2008, 09:08:02 PM
Help me with what?  Take God out of my brain?  God told us through the bible that it was exactly the Holy Spirit that we need to make us come out of our own ways of thinking and listen to His word instead of our own. Psychologists make up 'babble' to sooth the souls - but does it work in the long  run.  Only if the Psych uses Christian methodology.  Christ used love on everyone. Demon possessed to high Roman officials.  He treated them all the same and used reverse psychology a lot.

It is more highly likely that I would affect GWK by influencing his spheres of power - naming Jesus over them and commanding them to leave.
What you seem to lose sight of - or perhaps not take on board in the first place - is that certain "psychobabble" strikes some people as rather alarmingly analogous to the very kind of "Christian methodology" to which you refer; I'm not necessarily suggesting that this is correct - merely pointing out that it is an important and undeniable fact.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:36 PM
In what way am i not 'getting along.'  You make it sound like i'm limping or something.  That I want to make people angry.  It's not the case at all.  I think there's rather an emergency situation going on in the world.  I'm just yelling 'fire, fire' at short intervals.

Alistair, Jesus Christ did not sit people down and ask them how they were feeling.  In fact, he rarely asked.  He sometimes made them wait for lunch.  Even when the food was there - he made them wait for a prayer of thanks.  I think Jesus was all about teaching - and he didn't care if they ' didn't get it' the first time.  There would be plenty more opportunities.

I'm not to the end of my Christian journey - so i can't say that i've reached some kind of peak.  There are many high's and low's just like in everyone else's life. However, when you counsel or ask counsel - it's not going to be the same answer if you are asking someone who is as confused as yourself.  You have to go to a higher power.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: November 02, 2008, 09:12:22 PM
In what way am i not 'getting along.'  You make it sound like i'm limping or something.  That I want to make people angry.  It's not the case at all.  I think there's rather an emergency situation going on in the world.  I'm just yelling 'fire, fire' at short intervals.

I'll just be blunt and say I don't want you to get banned.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pianistimo ~ We don't love you!
Reply #63 on: November 02, 2008, 09:52:34 PM
I'll just be blunt and say I don't want you to get banned.

Unless pianistimo begins to repect her fellow member's wishies, although she may disagree with them at times: that is inevitable.

G.W.K

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: November 02, 2008, 09:57:16 PM
wishies?  fishies?  dishies?  if wishies were fishies the fishies would do the dishies.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: November 02, 2008, 09:58:08 PM

For all others, i suggest light topics that have nothing to do with religion. 

With you around, the chances of finding one decreases rapidly
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:36 PM
wishies?  fishies?  dishies?  if wishies were fishies the fishies would do the dishies.

See my point? She does need a psychologist!

For all others, i suggest light topics that have nothing to do with religion. 

What do you think we've been trying to do!?! We make topics that have NOTHING to do with religion and you corrupt them so they become religious! I suppose you can seek shelter in this thread, since it was kindly dedicated to you...but please keep your religious debates to this thread or other religious threads.

G.W.K

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: November 02, 2008, 10:19:58 PM
Alistair, Jesus Christ did not sit people down and ask them how they were feeling.  In fact, he rarely asked.  He sometimes made them wait for lunch.  Even when the food was there - he made them wait for a prayer of thanks.  I think Jesus was all about teaching - and he didn't care if they ' didn't get it' the first time.  There would be plenty more opportunities.
Most of that sems fair enough, although I'm not sure what it may be supposed to achieve in order to convince who of what here.

I'm not to the end of my Christian journey - so i can't say that i've reached some kind of peak.  There are many high's and low's just like in everyone else's life. However, when you counsel or ask counsel - it's not going to be the same answer if you are asking someone who is as confused as yourself.  You have to go to a higher power.
But who's to decide who any of those "higher powers" might be in any given circumstance? It's almost always Jesus Christ for you, but...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: November 02, 2008, 10:31:27 PM
Politics isn't exactly a 'neutral' subject either.  GWK may consider it a perfectly sane topic and since he doesn't live in the USA is not affected by it's power (or knows the powers of it and started the topic).  So much for a psychologists way of thinking.  ie let's get people worried.  It will give me some business.  Actually, he won't have to do much of anything - because no matter who gets elected - many people are going to immediately seek some help coping.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: November 02, 2008, 10:37:02 PM
Politics isn't exactly a 'neutral' subject either.  GWK may consider it a perfectly sane topic and since he doesn't live in the USA is not affected by it's power (or knows the powers of it and started the topic).  So much for a psychologists way of thinking.  ie let's get people worried.  It will give me some business.  Actually, he won't have to do much of anything - because no matter who gets elected - many people are going to immediately seek some help coping.

Politics isn't a "neutral" subject, but it is not an excuse for a religious debate. The whole world is affected by the USA (not it's "power", by it's mistakes).

Had you also paid attention to previous posts, you would have realised that I am not a qualified psychologist yet, therefore I am not "getting people worried. It will give me some business."

G.W.K

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:20 PM
I must say that I agree with much of what you write here, especially the last bit and I would only take you gently to task for implying GWK's possible lack of understanding of certain matters American to the extent that his residence outside US does not of itself necessarily signify that he possesses a deficient grasp of what is going on there.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: November 02, 2008, 10:39:44 PM
I would only take you gently to task for implying GWK's possible lack of understanding of certain matters American to the extent that his residence outside US does not of itself necessarily signify that he possesses a deficient grasp of what is going on there.

Indeed.

G.W.K

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: November 02, 2008, 10:42:03 PM
Will the real GWK stand up?  Indeed what?  Indeed you understand and claimed you didn't.  Well, that's a shister.

PS you are now on the Thal level.  And Alistair level.  That is level 10.  Communist is also level 10.  Whatever that means to you.  anyways, vodka and cookies are probably a good idea at this point.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: November 02, 2008, 10:44:49 PM
Will the real GWK stand up.  Indeed what?  Indeed you understand and claimed you didn't.  Well, that's a shister.

The first thing I will say is: you need to get your basic grammar correct. Questions (even rhetorical ones) always end in a question mark (?).

When did I "claim" that I did not understand?

G.W.K

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #74 on: November 02, 2008, 10:48:21 PM
That the election didn't matter - and who got elected didn't matter.  You were not for either candidate.  GWK, presidents aren't the only thing that matters are they?  what about the common people.  Beethoven got frustrated about this very thing but in a different context.  There is always disappointment in government and those that promote some kind of wonderful 'change.'  Take Napoleon, for instance.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: November 02, 2008, 10:48:30 PM
anyways, vodka and cookies are probably a good idea at this point.
Not for me they aren't - neither of them, in fact...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #76 on: November 02, 2008, 10:49:57 PM
PS you are now on the Thal level.  And Alistair level.  That is level 10.  Communist is also level 10.  Whatever that means to you.  anyways, vodka and cookies are probably a good idea at this point.

What are you on about?  ???

G.W.K

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: November 02, 2008, 10:52:42 PM
Beethoven got frustrated about this very thing but in a different context.
I take leave to suspect that he might have gotten a whole lot more frustrated at some of the things that you suggest here...

There is always disappointment in government and those that promote some kind of wonderful 'change.'
That's largely true - or at least it might have been so until more recent times when no sensible person expects any government to disappoint because he/she knows only too well in advance that its activities will be so hopelessly inappropriate just like the last lot not to allow any margin for genuine (i.e. surprised) disappointment.

Take Napoleon, for instance.
Yes, I think a Napoléon would be quite a welcome relief from all of this right now, so maybe I'll pour myself one...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: November 02, 2008, 10:53:14 PM
That despite your rough exterior - you're probably alright.

hmm. My post came after Alistair's.  These random reply postings are really not helping.  Pouring a napoleon?  I thought you ate them.  Well, pour one for me, too.  My husband just passed by and said that piano forum wasn't helping me.  helping me with what? ignoring him.  Hmm. i suppose that he doesn't think about that when he reads an entire novel day to night yesterday. Retaliation is never good - however it is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.  i am busy.  terribly busy. on important pianoforum stuff. . . i AM crazy.  ok.  

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #79 on: November 02, 2008, 11:03:59 PM

I think it must be time to take your pills
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: November 02, 2008, 11:07:05 PM
Pouring a napoleon?  I thought you ate them.  Well, pour one for me, too.
A cognac, ma chère. OK, I'll pour you one down the cyberspatial tube to Collegeville, PA in the hope that it might do you some good by serving to temper your crazy (by your own admission) creationism, refulgent religionism and proscribing proselytism.

My husband just passed by and said that piano forum wasn't helping me.  helping me with what? ignoring him.  Hmm. i suppose that he doesn't think about that when he reads an entire novel day to night yesterday. Retaliation is never good - however it is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.  i am busy.  terribly busy. on important pianoforum stuff. . . i AM crazy.  ok.  
Your husband seems not to be lacking in certain wisdom, it seems to me. He may have read an entire novel in a day, but you seem to read one (albeit not necessarily in its entirety) every day!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #81 on: November 02, 2008, 11:31:15 PM
Has anyone noticed how many threads are degrading into pianistimo and bashing pianistimo? Just a thought.

Offline tanman

• PS Silver Member
Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 12:54:02 AM
Has anyone noticed how many threads are degrading into pianistimo and bashing pianistimo? Just a thought.

or degraded by pianistimo as thal would probably say. not that I'm saying that I think that pianistimo degrades threads... or at least most of the threads she posts in.
Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of identity theft.

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 05:57:30 AM
See my point? She does need a psychologist!

Well, I thought exactly the same thing as her, so must I.

G.W.K., I also study psychology, it doesn't make me qualified to insist that someone needs to see a psychologist. As I've said before, just because she goes around spouting religious babble (sorry pianistimo) on the forum doesn't mean that she does it in real life. You cannot condemn someone to a psychologist without knowing them and what they are like. A forum is not an accurate form of communicating this. For all you know I could be a 50 year old male from Bulgaria.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #84 on: November 03, 2008, 07:09:16 AM
I could confirm your identity if you like ;D

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: November 03, 2008, 07:15:22 AM
For all you know I could be a 50 year old male from Bulgaria.

Don't go there...  :-X

Sir Thal is funny. Sir Hinton is one of the nicest guys around. I don't see how GWK can be compared to either of these two, except that they all put their name under a post (though Thal sometimes forgets). I don't know about Commie.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #86 on: November 03, 2008, 10:22:39 AM
Sir Thal is funny. Sir Hinton is one of the nicest guys around. I don't see how GWK can be compared to either of these two, except that they all put their name under a post (though Thal sometimes forgets). I don't know about Commie.
I'm fairly sure what she means but would much rather not elaborate.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: November 03, 2008, 11:45:54 AM
As I've said before, just because she goes around spouting religious babble (sorry pianistimo) on the forum doesn't mean that she does it in real life.
Indeed not, but then if she doesn't do it in real life, why does she make it such a mission to do it on this forum? She doesn't introduce these issues into every post she makes, of course, although in the Anything but Piano section the instance of religious reference remains disproportionately high. It's not for me to answer that question, of course, but I see no obvious reason not to pose it.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #88 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:42 AM
Even though i disagree sometimes with what they say, i do enjoy discussion.  Thanks, morningstar, and pianochick, and db05 who is more in the middle, too - because i'm probably wayyy over on one side, you guys are more in the middle, and others are on the other side.  Other side of what?  Just the ideal world contemplation.  To me - the ideal world is where people can control as much of their lives as possible.  We tried lots of taxation and doing things for people - but much was wasted.  Now we want to give 700 billion dollars and see what happens?  That's just cruxifying the next President before he gets into office.  Why couldn't they wait?  Is it that we can't suffer for a bit?  That shows you how greedy the top echelon is.  They say - you can't wait... but it means THEY can't wait.  They don't want embarrass themselves.  The average person is working every day.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #89 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:18 PM
Any time.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:57 PM
My husband just passed by and said that piano forum wasn't helping me.

I will be the first to say it: I am sorry to hear that your husband has passed away and I think he may have been correct about "that piano forum wasn't helping me". Usually when someone loses someone that had a strong, close bond (like husband and wife, mother and child, etc) it is better to allow the brain to recover from the shock and severe grief. I am not making snide comments about your mental state, I am referring to anyone who lose someone close.

morningstar ~ Indeed there are a lot of threads about pianistimo, not ALL of them are degrading, some are appraisal towards Susan. It is just recently that there is more of an emphasis of pianistimo due to her return.

Well, I thought exactly the same thing as her, so must I.

G.W.K., I also study psychology, it doesn't make me qualified to insist that someone needs to see a psychologist. As I've said before, just because she goes around spouting religious babble (sorry pianistimo) on the forum doesn't mean that she does it in real life. You cannot condemn someone to a psychologist without knowing them and what they are like. A forum is not an accurate form of communicating this. For all you know I could be a 50 year old male from Bulgaria.

I understand your point completely and looking back, I can see that the comments I said could be interpretated as harsh, even cruel. I suppose I was replying in the "heat of the moment" and did not contemplate my replies.

I would find it quite amusing if you really were a 50 year old male from Bulgaria. LOL

I notice I am not "Sir G.W.K", LOL.

I cannot really see much of a connection. Although thal and I can appear a bit...um...heated, I don't see the connection with myself and Alistair (perhaps because we are both Scottish?).

G.W.K

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 08:24:12 PM
I will be the first to say it: I am sorry to hear that your husband has passed away

I think she said 'passed by' as in 'walked past'
that's just my interpretation anyway.

Oh, and I would find it amusing if I was a 50 year old male from Bulgaria as well...but you never know.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #92 on: November 03, 2008, 08:42:36 PM
I think she said 'passed by' as in 'walked past'
that's just my interpretation anyway.

LOL...oh dear. Well, if she did mean that...sorry!  :-[

G.W.K

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #93 on: November 03, 2008, 11:17:56 PM
At the risk of making a somewhat off-topic remark (albeit a brief one), I am not - for the record - "Sir" anyone...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #94 on: November 03, 2008, 11:31:17 PM
LOL...oh dear. Well, if she did mean that...sorry!  :-[

G.W.K
AhahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLMAO

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #95 on: November 04, 2008, 02:29:26 AM
?  ok.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #96 on: November 04, 2008, 02:58:28 AM
At the risk of making a somewhat off-topic remark (albeit a brief one), I am not - for the record - "Sir" anyone...

Best,

Alistair

I call you sir out of respect.

Edit:

*expects bombshells from pianistimo in case Obama wins*

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #97 on: November 04, 2008, 10:36:03 AM
Well, actually, he called on the phone the other day.  It was pre-recorded but it said 'this is Obama and bla bla bla....'  I listened, actually, to the entire thing.  I didn't say at the end - 'this is complete whooey.'  I just politely listened (carefully) to the entire thing.  He didn't say anything -as far as i could tell.  I really don't know what his agenda truly is.

Something about healthcare - i suppose.  But, who is paying for the healthcare?  For everyone?  It's a nice idea.  It's like telling your family friends and the entire world you are buying them lunch.  Who's paying?  The system is broke.  Obama is NOT an economist.  Too many government programs. Who works?  People with no incentive to work because the demand for jobs and things are at an all-time high and wages will go wayyy low.

How about turning around and looking at things from a perspective of American incentive.  Maybe rewarding mothers to stay at home with their own children and teaching them values?  No.  That's against 'government pre-school' policy (which creates more jobs but low paying and poor gains in education).  Do you know Lincoln was taught by his mother!  He knew several languages.  This is not the policy of Obama to trust parents.  Parents are distrustworthy. 

McCain and Palin are for creating not only jobs - but to value what we already have.  We already have women who can work at home AND take care of their children.  MUCH better idea for children who are under five years of age!  Do you know that is the most critical time for development (health and otherwise).  We wouldn't need an extensive health-care system if it was preventative.  That parents actually took care of their own children in their own homes (it's been proven that is the most non-infective environment).  And, jobs are created when people are  EDUCATED.  Another plus for mom's at home - is that babies who are nursed have wayy more immunities to disease and infection.  This provides them a stable health to become educated.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #98 on: November 04, 2008, 12:12:26 PM
Another plus for mom's at home - is that babies who are nursed have wayy more immunities to disease and infection. 

Unfortunately your children will not be immune to the kind of virus that you spread
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #99 on: November 04, 2008, 12:50:21 PM
Unfortunately your children will not be immune to the kind of virus that you spread
How can you be so certain of that? Close exposure does not necessarily imply absence of immunity, you know...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert