Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Rach prelude in G min Op. 23, No. 5...help?  (Read 2730 times)

Offline mc_shas

• PS Silver Member
Rach prelude in G min Op. 23, No. 5...help?
on: May 06, 2009, 10:19:28 PM
Hey,

I can play quite a bit of this piece and although I'm quite out of practice at the mo, I'm sure I could tidy some it up. However I've never quite been able to bust the second page. By that I mean the section where you first get block chords in both hands and t turns to Eb major and then modulates back to G min reaching that climax on the dominant. Anyway Those 6 bars have always been a problem for me. I've been learning the piece on and off for a long time but never worked right through it. My hands almost just don't feel strong enough and well I suppose it's a kind of hand bouncing technique (lol). Any advice on how to master this? 

Offline rolfk

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rach prelude in G min Op. 23, No. 5...help?
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:35:26 AM
Hi,

yes i am also stuck on the second page, the problem is where it goes from lower to higher(right hand) i miss the notes to often :( what are recommonded vinger settings ??

regards
rolf

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert