Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2018, 12:03:49 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Top Picks of 2013

We wish all readers a Happy New Year with a list of highly recommended reading – the most popular articles of 2013 from Piano Street’s Classical Piano Blog. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin Etude op 10/9  (Read 1807 times)
pianisten1989
PS Silver Member

« on: June 01, 2010, 08:47:34 AM »

Soo, I started playing this like a week ago, (and haven't played it for my teacher yet) so there are probably quite many details I haven't noticed. Couple of wrong notes, but good enough for audition room, I think.

All comments are welcome Smiley

* R09_0001.MP3 (5250.94 KB - downloaded 138 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Etude
pianisten1989
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »

no advice at all? =/
perfect_pitch
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:36:58 AM »

Hey Man...

Sorry - I've heard your recording, but I caught it just before I was giving a piano lesson, so didn't have time to reply... That plus the fact that I've never played this etude before, so I probably couldn't say anything really productive since I've never attempted this piece.

Although - one thing - I would build the climax (to the A, Bb, Db, octaves) more by pushing the tempo and then quickly holding back to give more drama to the piece.

I'd also probably echo the Db & G repeated octaves a bit more... the dramatic loud, then the repeated octave ones with more mystery.

But then again... I haven't played the piece, nor seen the music so it's probably just generic help that you probably already know.

pianisten1989
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

My intentions are to play the way you described, and I though I did... So thx for telling me Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: