Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Brahms concerto 1, op 15. sheet music edition?  (Read 4043 times)

Offline cchamp27

• PS Silver Member
Brahms concerto 1, op 15. sheet music edition?
on: May 19, 2011, 06:22:27 PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the sheet music to Brahms 1, but I'm having difficulty. The sheet music warehouse near me didn't have Brahms 1 ont he Henle catalogue, and when I searched Henle's site itself, they actually don't seem to produce it. The only thigns they had in the store were Schirmer and Durand. What edition should I use, I'd prefer Henle but am I not looking hard enough?

Thanks

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Re: Brahms concerto 1, op 15. sheet music edition?
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:39:23 PM
The Breitkopf is widely available but fine. Though I agree, Henle is probably best. Can you mail order it, maybe?
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline orangesodaking

• PS Silver Member
Re: Brahms concerto 1, op 15. sheet music edition?
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 04:36:13 AM
I have Peters and it seems to be just fine. You can order it from Sheet Music Plus online.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert