Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: New childboard  (Read 2098 times)

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
New childboard
on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:54 PM
lately, I noticed one or two compositions popping up every now and then. I think there should be a new childboard under 'audition room'. The child board should be called 'compositions'. What do you think, Johan?
Funny? How? How am I funny?

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Re: New childboard
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:51:26 PM
Maybe even a 'technique' childboard under PERFORMANCE..I don't know... :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:01:17 AM
or even an mp3 requests board. 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:03 PM
Nils philosophy was/is to keep the boards as simple as possible I believe.  Piano World gets confusing with all their boards.  I suppose there is the misc piano board and anything but for catch all boards.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:36 PM
I think there should be a childboard for new childboard requests
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 06:57:53 AM
I think there should be a childboard for new childboard requests

Great Idea

Nils philosophy was/is to keep the boards as simple as possible I believe.  Piano World gets confusing with all their boards.  I suppose there is the misc piano board and anything but for catch all boards.

I suppose yes, you have your point. Where did you get Nil's philosophies from?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 12:40:12 PM
We asked for things years ago and he said that.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 02:37:03 PM
Since some compositions are  being posted along wiht improvisations and that both are creative stuff, perhaps a merger between the two?

JL

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 06:12:43 PM
Some people are already posting compositions in the improv board.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:18:37 PM
I don't think any more categories would help me personally at all. I have a hard enough time deciding where to put some of my playing as it is. Most of my old written compositions attract spontaneous content when I play them now, sometimes to the point of being mostly improvised. If I think more is composed than improvised then I put it in the Audition Room and in the Improvisation Board if vice-versa. But not to put too fine a point on it, what is composition anyway ? Something written out ? Not these days I think. Does improvisation have be devoid of any sections of previously written work, previously thought out work ? I don't think so. For many people who do both, there is a tangled continuum between piano improvisation and piano composition. For me, a composition is just an improvisation which has become relatively stable over time. I used to carry dozens around in my head for years without actually writing anything out.

I think the present classifications are as workable as any. What I would not like to see is any attempted division into musical type, classical, jazz and so on, as they have done on Pianoworld. I cannot see any sense in that at all.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline williampiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:09:56 PM
Honestly, I just use the Audition Room for composition and performance and I use the Improv. Board for my improvisations. Either way, when you post a recording and you are looking for feedback, the same general people are bound to find it anyway. So I don't think it matters too much if you post it in the Audition Room, Improv Board or a new Composition Board because people will see it anyways and possibly respond to it.

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:12:43 AM
Thx for all your insights. I just feel that the Auditon room board should be purely for people playing OTHER people's/composers compositions and getting judged by fellows.

JL
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert