Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Die Mainacht - Brahms (in some kind of "Version" by me) piano only  (Read 2386 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Well, honestly I just found this in a folder of mine on the computer, which I must have created at least few years ago, and at first I wasn't sure if it was really me playing, but it is.  I am putting it here because I think it's a simplified version and so I am counting it as a kind of "improvisation." I had learned the accompaniment (or some version of it) for one of the Art Songs I had been singing, and recorded that, in order to hopefully help myself in the learning process.  I will admit that I was a bit riveted by the music itself and I feel like sharing this recording because of what just is to me some very special music written by Brahms (who normally I am under the impression that I am not entirely fond of).  I first couldn't even recognize what Song this was because it's been such a while, but was still quite moved by the music and I end up feeling like the piano part alone is so expressive that I would love still to share it without singing, even.  

I hope you enjoy :).  Perhaps sometime I will end up singing it again, too :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
You SHOULD sing it.  This is one of my favorite Brahms songs.  But it really needs the voice.  COME ON!  I remember seeing a picture of you and you look like you could really sing!   ;)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Wow that's very beautiful, and interesting! :) I remember that " Die Mainacht" was the first or second voice recording I heard from you, I think it was more than 5 years ago :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
That was really nice! :)
Birba didn't you hear her singing?? She posted her singing in the Anything but piano, not so long ago... you should listen to it! It's really great!!  8)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
That really WAS exquisite!  Do you continue to sing or have you given it up?  I assume that wasn't you accompanying yourself?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
That really WAS exquisite!  Do you continue to sing or have you given it up?  I assume that wasn't you accompanying yourself?
What did you listen to? Something in the Audition room? Because I was talking about the videos she posted in Anything but piano ( this: https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=43865.0 ) :)

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
I enjoyed this very much. :)  I can hear your soul's voice in the keys.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
I enjoyed this very much. :)  I can hear your soul's voice in the keys.

Thanks, goldentone.  I like that thought very much :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert