Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Rossini Overtures  (Read 1957 times)

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Rossini Overtures
on: December 19, 2012, 06:54:54 AM
Well, this time I'm looking for some intermediate-advanced piano solo arrangements of some of Rossini's Overtures. I'm particularly interested in those of 'Il turco in Italia', 'L'italiana in Algeri', 'Il signor Bruschino' and 'La scala di seta', though any others would be quite welcome, too, of course.

I know most of those (or all, I think) are available at IMSLP in the Leidesdorf arr. but the quality of those scans is hardly the best I've seen and besides, this time I'm looking for something (preferably) closer to the one they've got (at IMSLP, too) of the Semiramide one :) I know that might be something of a tall order but it usually doesn't hurt to ask.

And by the way, and since 49410enrique already asked another user about this on a different post in this very section, no, I couldn't confirm that any such arrangements have been put out, so yeah, it's more a sort of 'just in case' request.

Cheers,
and best regards,
Musikalischer Wirbelwind

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rossini Overtures
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:08 PM
Not generally a fan of Kalmus, but they have two volumes (reasonably priced) that contain some at least of what you are looking for. You can look at them here:

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Opera-Overtures/1565955

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Album-of-Six-Overtures/1573368
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rossini Overtures
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:20:22 AM
Cheers for those links, mate  ;) The first one is of no use to me, I'm afraid, since I've got no one to play those arrs. with :( However, the other one is tempting  :) It's true that I've got half of the overtures it includes but that still leaves us a respectable 3/6, right?  ;)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert